Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

Mckenna Audi - Norwalk, CA

Old 05-25-2007, 01:50 AM
1st Gear
Default Mckenna Audi - Norwalk, CA

This place was the worst! - Mckenna Audi - Norwalk, CA

I purchased a 2006 Audi A4 S-Line 2.0 quattro. Sticker price $42,500. The car was an unwind and had to be sold as used, it only had 300 miles on it. After I notice that the car had no spare tire in the trunk, or floor mats, I brought it to my salesman Donald Uhlinger attention. He told me that they would take care of it, they sent me over to the finance office of Mr. Lucy. I then went through the normal contracts, and was presented with a due bill that had nothing on it. I told Mr. Lucy that the car was missing the spare tire, and the floormats. He said that they would take care of it. After finance I walked over to the Donalds desk where he had a look on his face and said there was something we had to talk about. The sales manager informed him that he would not be putting a spare tire or the floormats in the car, and that he "lost to much money" on the car and that I could purchase them from the parts dept. I was furious. I was treated with no respect, and no customer service. At 24 years old, I will be purchasing a lot of cars in my lifetime, I feel as if I will never purchase from Mckenna Audi again. To top it all off, they would not give me an owners manual, and when I got into the car it had less then 5 miles till empty in the tank. I asked for a full tank of gas which I feel is very common in the car business and was rejected. I feel as if this car was as close to new as anyother. It only had 300 miles on it. The car did have the orginal sticker on the window, its not like the car was parked in there used lot across the street it was in there 4 story $19 Million dollar newly renovated inventory warehouse with all the new ones! The orginal sticker says "full size spare included" I cant even believe they wouldnt give me a owners manual!

I MUST SAY! I do love my Audi, it just sucks that I got treated like sh*t. I will never ever buy from Mckenna Audi again.

-mrweeks

Old 07-07-2007, 12:13 AM
Default RE: Mckenna Audi - Norwalk, CA

i just experienced the worst service as well from mckenna audi. i bought my A4 from rusnak westlake and mckenna in norwalk is close to me so i went there. i took my car in because my check engine light was on and my ac wasnt working properly. they ordered the part and told me to bring it back on friday. i brought it in at 730am. i asked for the estimated time to pick it up he said 12 at the latest. i had a very important orientation at 3pm. i called at 1130am to ask of the progress and if shuttle service was available and i was assured that i could be picked up. i told the service guy i had an appointment at 3pm he said i will get them moving quicker and that the initial transmission problemhad beenfixed and they were checking the ac. at 12 noon he called to tell me that the ac only needed that liquid freeze stuff. at 130 i called him again he said he couldnt find the shuttle driver and would call me back. at 145 no call, 2pm no call 230 he calls and says he found the guy but he had to drop off someone else and then would come get me if i still needed a ride. i had already hitched a ride to my appointment. im no mechanic but it shouldnt take 2hrs to figure out the ac only needs liquid in it and to pour it. and if he was so concerned about inconveniencing me he would have called me prior to my 3pm appointment to tell me i needed to find another ride. luckily i made my appointment and got out early to go pick up my "baby" before they closed at 7 only to find that it had been apparently hit by another car with a scatch on the bumper. mckenna took the liberty to change my plate border from rusnak to mckenna, and will tell them to take their crappy name off my car because i will not advertise for them and their poor service and communication. if i have to drive out of my way for quality service i will do so next time because mckenna sucks!!!!

Old 07-26-2007, 12:33 PM
1st Gear

Sounds like this dealer sucks. I was about to buy my audi from there.
Glad I went to Newport Beach

Old 01-06-2008, 07:21 AM

Too bad I didn't read this thread before I took my car to McKenna! The customer service was terrible! I took in my 1990 Audi 80 for an idle diagnostic, and told the service rep, Ruben, to make sure they checked the fuel pump because it normally makes a pretty loud hum and that recently I haven't been hearing it....indicating to me that it could be failing. I also mentioned to him that the idiots at Jiffy Lube didn't tighten my oil cap all the way and that's why there was fresh oil all down one side. When he called me with the results he pretended to be sympathetic to the $1200 estimate to repair the idle problem; which of course I wasn't going to have them do since the car is maybe worth $900, not to mention the parts markup and labor costs were extremely high. I told him over the phone I wasn't going to pay more than the value of the car to do the repairs and let him know that the labor estimates were too high (There's NO WAY it takes an hour to replace the idle control valve...there's two hoses and a plug!). Anyway, I called back the next day and left a message for Ruben to make sure they'd checked the fuel pump/pressure because this particular model requires a much higher than normal PSI, and I told him that I planned to pick up the vehicle on Saturday (2 days away), and to give me a call when he gets an answer. He never calls me back. The next day I call Ruben again and ask him a 3rd time to find out if they checked the fuel pump, and he tells me he's pretty sure they would have, but tells me he'll find out. I said okay, and let him know I planned to pick it up the next morning. Saturday morning, I call Ruben again and he tells me Sorry but the technician that looked at my car was not scheduled for today, but that he can try calling him at home. I waited a few hours, then I'd had enough. I drove over there and of course Ruben acted very surprised. He asked me why I didn't tell him I was coming to get the car...unbelievable, I told him at least twice that I was going to pick it up today. I ask him why he never got me an answer on the fuel pump, and he told me that he was pretty sure they would have checked it. Pretty sure, is not a guarantee. After arguing with him for a few minutes he just gave me my car back with no charge. I wouldn't have had a problem paying for the diagnostic, but I hate being treated like an idiot and that's how I felt. I also do not appreciate my concerns being ignored, and my calls not being returned. Oh, yeah, one other thing. They told me my head gasket was leaking...no its not, that oil came from the oil cap that wasn't tightened by Jiffy Lube...I guess Ruben forgot to mention that to the techs as well.

Old 01-07-2008, 02:09 AM
SoCal Crew Member

i've had bad experiences there also... that's why i took my car to AudiWest Covina... everyone i met there was very helpfull and friendly... beautiful dealership too!

Old 01-12-2008, 12:42 AM
1st Gear

I hate that place! I got jerked around on a car that I was looking at 5 years ago. I live about 10 nin from there and I would and do drive over an hour toPacific Audi than have to deal with that bunch ofbasterds.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:25 AM

Thanks for the posts, everyone. I've just acquired a 1999.5 A4 1.8TQ and am starting to where/how I'll be servicing it.

Sorry, you had to go through such crappy service.

Clearly, they suck giant donkey *****.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:09 PM
Default No good deals there.

I decided to go to Mckenna Audi because it was close to my house. But I wish I saw this post before hand. The so called "client advisors" were very shady. They kept on trying to sell me an A4 based on the MSRP price on the Audi website. All the other dealerships already quoted me the price based on invoice. The offer they gave me was 09 Audi A4 with MSRP of $34,000 for $4,000 down, 36 months lease for $500 per month. I think you can buy a $34,000 car for $500 per month for 60 months. Anways, there is no good deals at Mckenna Audi, and their sales people are there to rip you off. Avoid them at all cost.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:48 PM
Kip
1st Gear
Default Licence Plate Frames

We have used McKenna Audi off and on for several years. I've learned that with them, it's hit and miss. The car is usually there longer than expected and in the past, the repairs were not always even completed, even though they were on the list. I am used to the "I'm sorry, we'll get right on it and have it ready tomorrow" excuse. I have even had one of my cars returned with the check engine light on. The service advisors are also slow to return calls or will claim they never received a message to begin with.
On my last visit, they changed my license plate frames (from a competitor Audi dealership) to theirs without asking or advising. When I called the service advisor to ask why this was done, I was told it is Danny McKenna's policy to do this to every car that comes there and that I was being ridiculous even asking.
Ridiculous or not, it is MY CAR, not theirs, to decide what license plate frames I want on it or if I even want one at all. My car should leave the dealer exactly as it came in other than having the service or repair completed. I already have requested that they not wash it because I end up having to take it to the local car wash to get it rewashed due them doing a lousy job.
I'll consider going back when Danny McKenna himself comes to my home and changes my frames back to what they were when the car got to them.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:51 PM
1st Gear

Hey hows it going you guys i just want to let you all know that i have joined Mckenna Audi and if you guys need any help with anything i will help you to my full potential

I am a fellow car enthusiast as well come from the bmw background but moved up and joined Audi

If any questions please email me at
ameer.fazalbhoy@gmail.com

Or cell 562-279-6061
Text or call