Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

Truth in engineering but not in sales.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 12:22 AM
1st Gear
Angry Truth in engineering but not in sales.

I am having a problem with my 2012 TT-RS and would appreciate any advice. In November 2013 I purchased this car from Niello Audi in Sacramento, CA. With only 1600 miles on it the sales person told me the car had only routine maintenance performed on it, and was treated well as the car was never sold but driven only by Audi corporate. However, 2 weeks after I got it home to Ohio, I received the service records from Niello Audi. Much to my dismay it stated the car had the appearance of being driven on a race track, with burn marks on the tires, and had the front brake pads, rotors and calipers replaced. The record even noted that new tires were declined by the Niello Audi sales staff. Now, after driving 2800 miles home to Ohio with total 4400 miles on the odometer, the clutch needs to be replaced and the Audi dealer in Columbus, Ohio is telling me it is not covered under warranty. I feel like this should be covered because the service information was not disclosed to me until after purchase. I have contacted Audi Customer Support and they are going to contact both dealers on my behalf. Does anyone have any other ideas regarding how to pursue/resolve this issue? I will update this blog when I receive further info from Audi.

Old 03-01-2014, 06:53 AM
1st Gear

All I can say is, the dealer in Ohio has their hands tied. It's true, a clutch isn't covered under warranty UNLESS it fails due to a defect. Racing (abuse) isn't a manufacturing defect. The dealer in CA may or may not have known about the previous history until after they sold the car to you. However, it sounds like the service dept noted everything prior to the sale but the sales dept declined repairs.

When I was an Audi tech at a dealer, saw that happen all the time. Service advises sales, sales declines repairs, sales sells car, car comes back to bite them in the ***. Who gets blamed? Not sales, oh no,,,,,,,,,they can do no wrong. Serviced always got the blame even though everything is in writing and documented. One of the reasons I will never EVER work at a dealership (of any make) again, ever. Sorry for going off on a rant.

Audi is not obligated to do anything BUT, hoping they do help you out in this.

Last edited by aspen79; 03-01-2014 at 06:55 AM.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:25 PM
1st Gear

Call Audi and Calif's State's Attorney General's Office. If you were in the same state as the dealer you could sue since I know a new clutch for that beast is not cheap.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:35 PM
1st Gear
Default Issue resolved by Audi!

Just to update on this issue. After contacting Neillo Audi, Mag Audi and Audi Customer Relations, Audi not only replaced the clutch but also the tires!! Restored my faith in Audi!!

Old 04-12-2014, 11:01 AM
Dealerships Mod

Nice!