Audi Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 12:09 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi Extended Warranty

This is my first post on the forum. I joined when we were shopping for our Audi and do a lot of reading but finally I have some info I wanted to share.

I purchased my 2014 A6 about a year ago and love the car. I plan on keeping it for many years and the last thing I want is to own it when the warranty runs out so from day one I planned on purchasing an extended warranty. I planned on getting the Audi pure protection 7yr 100k mile platinum coverage but my dealer wanted my first-born child in return. I couldn’t believe how much they wanted and they had no intention on negotiating the price.

I took to the Internet in search of Audi extended warranties and found the website Factory Discount Warranty.com

They/he sell actual factory extended warranties for several makes, Audi being one of them. I emailed for a quote and Troy emailed me back with pricing for several options. It pretty much sounded too good to be true. His price for what he said was the same Audi pure protection warranty was about $1700 less than my local selling dealer. I was a little skeptical of course so I called to talk to him. I asked Troy a ton of questions. He was very patient, no pressure and honest. He was able to answer all my questions. I think he probably talks to a lot of skeptics but he assured me I would be getting the same warranty that my local dealer was selling. He works for a dealer group so he can sell the factory extended warranties for several makes and he just makes money on volume. I also learned that I could wait to buy my warranty and still get new car pricing as long as the car has less than 10k miles. This would maximize the length of my warranty. I searched the Internet and several car forums for info about Troy and factory discount warranty and found nothing but good comments.

Well this month we hit 9900 so I got a hold of Troy to get our warranty. He was great to work with. We did the transaction via email and phone. He emailed me copies of my documents and then mailed the original docs with in a few days. I even purchased Audi care from him and Audi USA emailed me a confirmation the next day. I checked with Audi pure protection customer service and my extended warranty was active in their system. I don’t think you can beat his pricing any where on a legit factory Audi pure protection plan. I would recommend calling Troy for a quote before buying a warranty from anywhere else.

Here is his site.

Factory Discount Warranty

Old 07-23-2015, 04:26 PM
1st Gear
Default Thanks

Thanks, I've been looking for a place to get my extended warranty for my 2013 A4 Premium Plus. I would like to keep it for a long time and don't want to end up spending a lot on maintenance. Although I do have a very experienced mechanic in my household, he can't fix everything.

Old 10-23-2019, 05:39 PM
1st Gear

kid94 - your post is several years old and I am wondering if Factory Discount Warranty has been a good deal? Please let me know as I am ready to buy an extended warranty from Troy for my 2016 Q5.

Old 10-24-2019, 08:35 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by HeavyMal
kid94 - your post is several years old and I am wondering if Factory Discount Warranty has been a good deal? Please let me know as I am ready to buy an extended warranty from Troy for my 2016 Q5.

When I bought the warranty for our A6 back in 2015 it was just slightly before the car was a year old and we were approaching the 10,000 mile mark. Troy had advised me that the 10,000 mile mark was the key at that point to getting the best price on the warranty and whether they determined the car was new or used Troys price was over a thousand dollars less than my local dealer. I did my research to confirm that he was selling an actual authentic Audi extended factory warranty and not one offered by a third-party before I made my purchase. The copy of the contract that he sent me was identical to the one that the local Audi dealer where I bought the car showed me. I bought the warranty and my Audi care contract through Troy. the process was extremely simple and the paperwork went through right away. I confirmed the warranty was in effect with Audi a week or so later. There were no issues. Since the original factory warranty expired, I think I’ve used my Audi extended warranty twice now at the local dealer and I’ve had zero problems. I would recommend buying an extended warranty from Troy and I hope he is still selling them when we buy our next Audi Hope thus helps.

Old 10-25-2019, 08:59 AM
1st Gear

Thanks kid94 this was extremely helpful.