Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

96 Audi A4 - Bose / Delta - No Sound

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 03:16 PM
Default 96 Audi A4 - Bose / Delta - No Sound

This is my first post to this forum, although I have been lurking for months. I bought a 96 A4 for my daughter that was in pretty bad shape and I've been working on it for months - timing belt, wheel bearings, axles, CV joints, ABS sensors, blah ... blah ... I'm almost done with everything mechanical - and I've started on the interior ( also a mess ).

The previous owner had the delta radio pulled - put in some aftermarket set up and then stuck the delta back in when he sold it to me. He didn't have the code so I bought another delta ( with code ) off eBay and hooked it up. After resetting the code ... everything comes on but I have no sound - anywhere. I don't think I'm getting any power to turn on the bose amp in the trunk.

If needed, I can put up a picture of the back of the HU and show everyone the connectors but I don't think the connectors are the issue. I also have 2 wires ( one white and one brown ) that have had extra wire added to them to make them a little longer that I think may be the problem - because they are not hooked to anything.

I'm not sure where I should hook these wires to ... or if it's possible that these were left overs from his aftermarket setup. Does anyone know which connector / wire turns on the bose or anything else that I can check to determine why I'm not getting sound ? Sorry to be so long with this but I've been reading every post here and on other sites for an answer and I wanted to explain it as good as a novice can. I'm waiting for the 6 disc changer to come in so I'm hoping someone can help me get this working before then.

Old 11-16-2008, 06:22 PM
1st Gear

If your amp is same as my '99 you have two plugs going in. One on top has 25 pins. The one on bottom has two pins, this is the power supply. If you are getting power to the amp you should hear a "click" when you turn on head unit, or pull plug and test with voltmeter with head unit on. no light, no power. hope this helps, I'm having trouble with mine too.