Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

HELP NEEDED-MMI failed-audi trying to have me over ££

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 07:57 AM
1st Gear
Default HELP NEEDED-MMI failed-audi trying to have me over ££

Hello all,

My name is Jake, I have owned an Audi A1 for over a year and have had no problems. I love my car and I love my music.

A few months ago my entertainment system or MMI as I beleive its called failed to turn on when I turned my car on as it would do usually. So I pressed the on button on the console and the lights turned on and the centre console and the dashboard screen light up and the audi badges appeared as the system was starting up. the lights then flickered off from the centre console and from the screen also. on my dashboard dials (infornt of steering wheel) a message read: 'system initializing please wait'. it continued to do this even after the lights turned off.

this was repeated everytime i tried to turn the sytsem on, sometimes flashing on then straight off and other times getting to the same loading screen before going off.

so i took it to audi and they have told me that i need a new stereo which will cost £1900..... yes i know its ridiculous.

however since taking it into audi the system is now completely dead, and what they are saying doesnt match up with what was occuring.

has anyone experienced this problem and if so please could you offer me some gudiance as i feel audi are trying to get me to pay for something i dont need.
many thanks,

Jake