Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

MMI Issues - BT, Aux, Audio

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 12:50 AM
1st Gear
Default MMI Issues - BT, Aux, Audio

My 2008 A6 is having a few issues. I just bought it, and it is a previous single owner car, but there are a few issues I didn't notice in the test drive, as they were related to the radio.

First, the button to activate BT/voice command on the steering wheel doesn't work. It doesn't show an error, it just does nothing. I can get my phone to pair, and make and receive calls through the thumbwheels, and can hear the caller, though they cannot hear me.

Second, the audio cuts out for a few seconds occasionally. Sometimes it will happen twice in ten minutes, sometimes it won't happen for half an hour. I've driven the car in both heavy rain and clear days and noticed no difference.

Third, when I press the CD/AUX button, there is no auxiliary option, regardless of whether or not I have a device plugged into the aux port in the glove box.

I'm sure part of my solution will be finding someone near me in NC with Vag-Com, but I can't help thinking there is a hardware issue here as well. Looking at the scope of the problems, I'm guessing someone has probably messed around with Vag-Com before, tweaking some switches here and there.

I have the 2G MMI, software update 4140. I have tried the three button reset multiple times with no improvement.

Should I upgrade the software to the latest version? Try a hard(er) reset via disconnecting and reconnecting the battery? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.