Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

MMI: "Report on XXXX-FM - Cancel with I/O"

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 03:31 PM
1st Gear
Default MMI: "Report on XXXX-FM - Cancel with I/O"

Hello all.

I've recently encountered an annoying issue with the audi media center in my 2010 A5.

As of yesterday afternoon, every few minutes I'm getting a popup stating that there is a "Report on WECK-FM - Cancel with [power/mute button]" I've owned the car for 4 months and have never had this occur before yesterday, and don't see anything in the manual about this "feature." (FYI - WECK-FM (Buffalo, NY) is just a generic FM radio station.)

What the heck is this? It bumps me from the music that's stored on the HDD, and even moves me from other AM/FM radio stations if I don't cancel it in time. I thought that it might be traffic info, but there is never any info available when this happens.

I'm including a photo of the offending interruption.

Thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails MMI: "Report on XXXX-FM - Cancel with I/O"-20161019_071325.jpg  
Old 12-01-2016, 04:59 PM
1st Gear

cflynn233,
My 2014 S4 has just started doing the exact same thing.
Where the hell is this coming from and how do we get rid of it?

If anyone has a remedy it would be much appreciated.

Old 12-01-2016, 05:28 PM
1st Gear

Sorry, I should have chimed in sooner...but mine went away after a couple of days of this annoying development.

I'm wondering if the local station was erroneously broadcasting some sort of warning message that the MMI was interpreting as a direct message to its listeners.

Cross your fingers and hope it goes away in the same manner. I feel your pain. You could also reach out to the radio station itself and as if they know if they're broadcasting something like that...?