Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aux. Cooling Fan Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 09:27 AM
1st Gear
Smile Aux. Cooling Fan Replacement

Well after 13 years my Aux. cooling fan ( behind radiator) has givin up the ghost and quit working. Seems fan blades loose and wallod out. Made screetching noise the other day then quit working alltogether. My question today is, Can this fan be replaced without going to the bumper service position for a 2001 A-6 FWD? Looks like theres room to get in there without moving bumper... Also, should fan controler be replaced at the same time? You all know how this usually goes here. Fix the one and the other craps out right afterwards just to remind you its an Audi!..... To tell the truth, The cars been running just fine without the fan kicking in even with the AC kicked in full blast. No overheating or getting hot. However, I really should do the right thing and fix it. Also, does anyone have an illistration of this procedure to pass along so I might get an idea on how to go about replacing the fan unit and or the controller? As always, Any help you guys might offer is very much appreciated. Ps, Should the front cooling fan be replaced as a matter of course, or wait for it to bite the big one on its own? Remember, This old Beast is still maintained like the day she was made. And still has many years of servicable life ahead of her. Just finally turned 100,000 miles Heck, Thats just the breakin period.......