General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

*Petition Audi* Pixelation of the Drivers Display Problems? You have them, come here *MUST READ*

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 11:18 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: *Petition Audi* Pixelation of the Drivers Display Problems? You have them, come here *MUST READ*

I guess I'm lucky so far. Only the top display is going a little bad. But you guys just let me know what I'm in for. So I'm in.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:19 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: *Petition Audi* Pixelation of the Drivers Display Problems? You have them, come here *MUST READ*

2001 A6 2.7T Add me too. I'm missing three lines of pixels, sometimes....Sometimes they are there most of the time they're not. Is this Post still good? i see that the original post was from 2006.

Old 10-11-2007, 03:56 PM

2001 A4 2.8 with 50k miles losing lines in center display too. But it's different lines each day. My Audi guy (not a dealer) says they all have the problem, but tends to go away during cold weather. As I'm in Colorado, I'll see what happens over the winter. I did have to replace "clock spring" electrical wiring in the steering column about 10k miles ago, as it caused horn to malfunction and air bag lights to go on.

Old 10-11-2007, 04:20 PM

Same problem on my 2000 S4. Renders the factory navigation system (an $1100 option) 100% useless since I can't see the display to set the destination, or any other options for that matter.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:04 PM
1st Gear

I own two A4's with bad screens!
If it were a 100.00$ fix, I would not be so mad about it!!!

Someone on ebay can "fix" them for about 250.00 I think.
thanks!

Adam

Old 10-12-2007, 02:15 PM
1st Gear

Same here 2000 Audi A4 1.8T whole LCD shot. Can only make out one number if that from each section. I purchased the car like this. Wasnt as bad then as it is now. Soo add another to the list.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:25 PM
1st Gear

so what's the latest on this? How many do you actually need for a class action suit? How many did they have against apple for the iPod?

Old 10-13-2007, 08:35 PM
1st Gear

I am looking at buying an 00 1.8t and the pixels are pretty bad Put me down as i will be owning it soon.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:36 PM
1st Gear

Yea same problem here! 2000 A6 2.7t..........

Old 10-16-2007, 09:21 PM

I've been having this problem for 1-2 years now on my 2000 A4 1.8T Avant. VIN WAUKC68D0YA168475. Start out with a couple of lines of pixels; now it's much worse, to the point of being almost completely invisible at times.

I did not take the time to see if anyone else has posted this info here, but there is a string of messages about this at http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=29577. A guy inJohannesburg, South Africa, posting as FlyingBy, says he fixedthis problem in his Audiin about an hour by rebonding the ribbon cable that leads to this display. He has a completedescription of what to do, and a couple of follow-up notes at this link.There was interest from others in knowing if anyone else had tried it, but apparently noone has.

While this problem is mainly only annoying, it did lead to me being out of gas on I-75 last week (which is why I am again considering getting this fixed). My sister and I were on a trip, and she was driving. She knew my car had an audible noise when the gas supply was low, but she kept exceeding the speed limit I had set, and after the 4th or 5th piercing noise warning her that she was going over 80 mph (which is the same sound as for low fuelor windshield washerfluid,worn brakes, light out, etc. etc.) she ignored it. Of course, she could have kept her eye on the gas gauge, butthat's another story.Bottom line...the lcd display wasn't visible,so shedid not have the visual warning of the gas pump symbol.

Others posting in the thread cited above say the problem is worse in warmer weather or when the car is warmed up. I'm not sure; I'll be paying attention to that. If the problem gets so bad that I can't see what that piercing tone is trying to tell me, I'll be thinking that I should pay what it costs to get it fixed.

Quick Reply: *Petition Audi* Pixelation of the Drivers Display Problems? You have them, come here *MUST READ*