AudiForums.com

Go Back   AudiForums.com > Audi Tech > General Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Members Parts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read ExperienceGarageUsed CarsVendor Directory
Search
Welcome to AudiForums.com

General Tech
Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-09-2010, 12:55 AM

Default 2001 Audi A4 2.8L ATQ CAT converter error code

Hi

My check engine light has been ON for a while now and the following error codes pop out: P0420 and P0430. They relate to cat efficiency on both bank 1 and bank 2.

My mechanic originally suggested that I change the the cat converter. After dropping it off at the shop, he called me with information about a TSB regarding an update ECM for False Cat Converter DTCs (# 2010066/2).

A couple of questions:

1. Does the TSB apply to my car? How do I figure out the VIN range that the update is pertinent to?
2. I have to go to the audi dealership for the update and they charge ~$200. Is this going to work or is it a red herring?
3. A little while ago at another garage, the mechanic showed me the read out of the 2 oxygen sensors. His comment was that the oxygen concentration at both sensors were very close to each other and this implied that the CAT was poisoned. Does this make sense?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2010, 12:55 AM

Tags
0420, 2001, 28, a4, audi, audiforums, cat, code, codes, efficiency, error, fault, oxygen, p0420, p0430, sensors