General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2010 a6 auto

Old 03-05-2015, 03:43 AM
1st Gear
Default 2010 a6 auto

hi all new to this site but have a problem with my 2010 a6 auto about 2 weeks ago my wife was driving the car when the radio shut down the following morning the car would not start so got the breakdown guys to jump start and when we did the stereo (bose) has no sound the cd just says loading the sat has no sound and the bluetooth does not work.Had the car back to main dealer to run diagnostics and everything came back normal only control module for the stereo was showing up bad So i put in new battery as i thought this was the problem and yesterday the car would not start again. I brought it back to garage and they said it was the wrong battery and gave me a agm battery but this morning the car started but still no sound as all settings in the sound menu are still set back at 0 i still think the battery is not my problem.The dash shows on occasion that the battery is low and will be recharged while driving but this is only in the last 2 weeks .has anyone had this problem out there as i am at my wits end with this problem thanks in advance of any suggestions dave

Old 03-06-2015, 09:50 AM
1st Gear

you alternator is probably needing replacing and check the fuse for the radio

Old 03-10-2015, 01:43 PM
1st Gear
Default 2010 a6 bose problem

i think i have the battery problem sorted now i have sound problem with bose unit all radio,cd,phone and nav have no sound and when i reset mmi the mute symbol comes on after about 10 seconds and when you go into sound setting all balance treble bass etc are all set at zero when i brought the car to main dealer the control unit is showing a fault has anybody had this problem as a new control unit is costing 900euro to buy and i will sing first before i will spend that kind of money.I have checked the fuses already heres hoping someone out there has a soloution cheers dave