A4 Hard Start warm - AudiForums.com

Go Back   AudiForums.com > Audi Tech > General Tech

General Tech
Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-07-2008, 03:57 PM
1st Gear
Default A4 Hard Start warm

I need Help!!! I have a 2003 Audi A4 1.8 T. It has 45000 miles. When I start the car in the morning it cranks right up everytime (I park in the garage overnight and the car is cool). If I turn the car off and it sits for an hour or two, when I try to start the car it cranks and goes dead unless I press the gas pedal. It has done this off and on of this for a while but has gotten significantlly worse over the last year. I have taken the car to my crappy Audi dealership (the only close one) several times and they say it has no codes and they can't recreate the problem. I can now recreate it everytime. So far I have replaced the CTS Coolant temp sensor. I have also noted a check valve that looks really bad located near the air intake (I'm not sure this could cause this problem). Any help or direction would great.