General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

anti theft alarm goes off everytime i unlock and open my door

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 08:24 PM
1st Gear
Default anti theft alarm goes off everytime i unlock and open my door

SO it all started 2 days ago where when I unlock my door on the drivers side and open the door the alarm goes off. I have an 2000 audi a4 2.8 by the way. So i try closing the door and unlocking/locking the door to turn off the alarm and that doesn't work. It only turns off if I use the key in the trunk slot. I used to be able to move the key to the left twice and all the doors would become unlocked. Now I can't do that and only the drivers side door unlocks. (I don't have the remote anymore and only use the key to lock/unlock my doors). SO then the next morning I go to my car to find that all my doors are unlocked and my windows are all rolled down. I know for a fact that I locked and closed my windows the night before. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON. I am guessing I have an electrical problem. DId anyone else have this issue and was able to fix it at home? I am reaching out for help before I bring my car to the dealership. Any help would be apprecatied. Thanks in advance

Old 10-13-2011, 12:19 PM
1st Gear

I know this post is a few months old, did you ever get the issue fixed? My 2001 A4 is now acting similar. It started with the alarm doing the same thing, only I have not had any window issues. The power locks are another story... they randomly lock and unlock with the car running or no key in the car at all.
Any help would be great.

Old 10-15-2011, 07:14 PM
1st Gear

Haven't found a solution. THe window thing was only a one time deal and didn't happen again after this post. I still have the issue with the unlocking though so what I do is that I only use my trunk key slot to lock/unlock my car.. its a hassle but it is something I have gotten used to. I don't have the finances to get my car fixed.