General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Audi 4.2 A8L 2006,ESP,ABS,AIRBAG,HANDBRAKE,SUSPENSION,ADAPTIVE LIGHT,BATTERY PROBLEMS

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 11:31 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi 4.2 A8L 2006,ESP,ABS,AIRBAG,HANDBRAKE,SUSPENSION,ADAPTIVE LIGHT,BATTERY PROBLEMS

Hello Everyone, Just joined here.
Please help me with ESP, ABS, AIRBAG, HAND BRAKE, SUSPENSION (yellow), ADAPTIVE LIGHT ...

4 weeks ago, I purchased my AUDI 4.2 A8L 2006. 2 weeks ago my battery went down to 10% and after I drive 20-30 minutes it was back to 100% so I thought maybe I left a door or light on and it was ok for few days.

Then it start happening everyday, then lights on the dashboard start showing ESP, ABS, AIRBAG, HAND BRAKE, SUSPENSION (yellow), ADAPTIVE LIGHT and steering wheel became very hard to turn and suspension very hard too.

I took it to previous owner's garage ( they only take care of European cars ) and they find out battery was defective and they changed it free of charge (previous owner have purchased it few months back). They said they could not clear all the fault messages because they could not communicate with the car and told me to take it to AUDI, he said they will charge me an hour and will be done.

Audi dealer kept it a day and they too could not clear the fault messages, first they said they can not communicate with the car and then said it ABS Module needs to be changed ($2400+) and I asked him if he is 100% sure that is the problem, he said 99% sure !!!.

ESP, ABS, HAND BRAKE, SUSPENSION (yellow), ADAPTIVE LIGHT , still showing, AIRBAG is gone, suspension and steering wheel is still very hard.

Can you help me please. Thanks.

Click the link to see the dashboard please.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9H...ew?usp=sharing

P.S. Is battery need to be coded? Both Audi dealer and garage says no for that year (2006) but some forums says battery need to be coded. I am confused. I am not sure but I think battery drainage was because of the doors, if I opened the passenger doors after parking and locking the car, that morning I would have 10% battery left.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:26 AM
2nd Gear

Jeez, are they telling you the battery needs to be "coded"..? WTF is that? If the stealer....er...dealer cannot clear the codes on the ECU, they are incompetent in my book. There is one way to clear the codes on anything without even having a VAG-COM or OBD unit. Disconnect the battery and let the car sit for a few hours. I'd touch the leads together while they were loose just to make sure that any stored charges anywhere were drained. I'd also charge the battery out of the car with an electric charger. When you put the battery back in. Turn the ignition on but DO NOT try to start the car. Let it sit in the "on" position for a 15-30 seconds. THEN try to start the car. This should clear ANY codes and reset the ECU flushing any garbage stored in its memory.

As far as what's causing the discharge when you're opening the passenger doors, is almost sounds like a contact switch in the door is not working properly and leaving something on like an interior light or something.