General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Do you think the dealer will help?

Old 01-31-2010, 08:01 PM
Question Do you think the dealer will help?

I have a 03 A4 1.8T with multitronic transmission. Last night all gears were illuminated.. knew it was the transmission having issues so i pulled over and restarted engine. when put into drive the engine sounded horrible and was shuddering and sometimes not even having a gear.. finally got it into cruising at 55mph w/ no problems. Next morning car starts but as soon as you shift it into reverse engine stalls and red battery light comes on. no check engine lights. tried starting in neutral and moving to drive but same problem. i just bought this car and i have all the maintenance records ( i mean each and every one!) I think i'm going to have it towed to the dealer and ask about warranty?? the TCM etc. were fixed jun 08 2009... 01J-927-156-FF CONTR UNIT, OXYGEN SEN, N GASKET, D GASKET, 5 ATF OIL... Replaced TCM per previous diag. topped up trans fluid and set adaption for TCM. Test drove-OK. Replaced rear o2 sensor. erased faults. test drove vehicle, MVB 32 is still going out of spec. rec new maf sensor... what does that mean?? I think audi should HAVE A WARRANTY ON THIS!! Also, do you think I'd be charged for a computer diag fee? I found someone willing to let me use their vagcom but I don't want to have to deal with getting the car there if It's not going to help. Thank you in advance for any help!