General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Driver Information System Fault

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 03:40 PM
Default Driver Information System Fault

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help, I bought an Audi A4 2.4 about a month ago, love the car to pieces, but today the Driver Information System just doesnt come on, i cant seem to get it to work.

Im wondering if its a fuse, but the manual doesnt seem to mention a fuse thats just for the Driver Information System.
All the other lights on the Instrument Cluster seem to be working as normal.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Cheers

Rich

Old 10-26-2006, 06:03 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: Driver Information System Fault

Dont' know if your controls are anything liek mine (I drive a D2 series A8), but, if so, there a button underneath the end of teh stalk you use to cycle through the info on the HUD (we refer to it as a {H}eads {U}p {D}isplay, round these parts). It the reset button for each of teh display elements, depending on ehich one is being displayed, at any given moment. Here the thing... It ALSO double as teh On/Off switch for teh HUD.
1) Start your engine...
2) Find teh button...
3) Puch it...
4) HUD should activate, again...
5) Push it again...
6) HUD will UNactivate...
7) Push repeatedly, until you get the hang of it/where it's located, so you don't accidentally push it, again...
8) Don't feel bad. I *know* the button, where it's at, AND what it does, and I went a week w/o mu HUD because I was
a) too retarded to remember about the button, and
b) too lazy to even bother tracing fuses, until
c) I accidentally hit the button and everything came back on

Old 10-26-2006, 08:41 PM

Hi,

Thanks for replying, yeah I think the controls are very similar, however, I had discovered the reset button actually turns it on and off about 2 weeks prior to this happening. I just dont think its to do with it as ive tried pushing it several times.

I appreciate your help though, do you have any other suggestions? Do you, or anyone else know if its connected to a fuse which is seperate from the other Instrument Cluster.

The heads up display sounds like a much better name, they called it the Drivers Information System in my manual.

Anymore help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Rich

Old 10-27-2006, 08:45 AM
Senior Administrator

D'OH!!!

Well, I tried.

There is the possibility that the reset/on-off switch has it's own fuse. There's, like, a grillion fuses, in our cars. If you've got the manual, then you can start checking the most likely suspects.

HUD sounds several orders of magnitude better than DIS, huh?