General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Please Read before posting

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 04:10 PM
3rd Gear
Exclamation Please Read before posting

Ok, so you are having car troubles, and you decided to post it here instead of the model specific forum.
Great, you are opening up the users that will see you post & have ideas on how to help you.

Since this is NOT a model specific forum, we need some basic information on your car!

If you post a topic here we need basic info.
1. Year of car
2. Model of car
3. What engine & TIP or 6sp
4. Miles
5. FWD or Quattro
6. Any CELs or stored codes

This will help you get better answers with your specific problem, & get more precise answers instead of guessing what the problem is.

On another note, in order to DIY you will need some tools. So if you don't have basic hand tools, chances are you can not DIY.
2 basic tools that ANYONE with a Audi should have is a Bentley Manual & Vag-Com. With out them, it makes diagnosis very hard.

http://www.ross-tech.com/
http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/...ome=Volkswagen
http://homepage.mac.com/edyjun1/S4/l...ng%20Notes.htm
http://www.blauparts.com/index.html
http://audipages.com/

DO NOT POST YOUR PROBLEM IN THIS POST! CREATE A NEW POST WITH YOUR PROBLEM USING THESE RULES

Old 02-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Default RE: Please Read before posting

+70

Old 11-23-2007, 05:10 PM

2000 a4quatro 80k need info on removeal of ingition cylinder and replacement

Old 11-23-2007, 05:19 PM
Senior Administrator

Hi ed,

OK, you're new, we'll forgive you. THIS part of the general tech section is what's known as the "sticky" section, since all of these posts are STUCK here, and will not cycle down as newer posts are made, as happens with those in the "users" area, below this part.

Old 12-04-2007, 03:18 AM

Hi

I'm totally new to this type of thing, so please bear with me.
I have a 2001Audi A4 1.9 TDiSedan with 5spd manual transmission. The car has done 252 000 km of mostly open road driving.
It developed an overheating problem about two months ago - one night the heat gauge went up to about 100 deg C and the coolant warning buzzer sounded. I stopped and checked - coolant level was fine. This happened a few times over the following weeks. I could not detect ANY leaks - I removed the thermostat and took the car for a test run with the same result. I changed the temperature sending unit - same result. I then found that the belt driven viscous fan's clutch did not lock up at high temperature - I then locked the clutch mechanically and took it for a test run. Up to 100km/h the temperature stayed normal, but as soon as I exceed this speed the temperature rises and the coolant buzzer comes on, but there is no coolant loss.

What other tests can I perform to pin point the problem??
Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks

Vinox

Old 01-10-2008, 12:02 PM

Hello,
I drive a '99 A6 2.8 Quattro/Tip. After a battery disconnect I have the same radio prob as many before me. I have the original code. After going thru the steps many many times and finally holding the rds/fm2 keys nothing happens except for the "SAFE" display.
ANY ADVICE PLEASE....Thanks in Advance.
Tom

Old 01-14-2008, 03:35 PM

i have an audi a4 year 2000 and can't get the air con unitout! i have removed the glove box and the trim below the steering wheel but just can't see how it comes out? it's stuck on blowing hot! can u get them serviced? or do i have 2 buy a new one?

Old 02-23-2008, 11:24 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Need help replacing air filter

I have a 2001 A6 4.2 and want to replace the air filter. Can't figure it out and there isn't any diagram in the manual.

Appreciate any advice.

Thx
Dan

1st Gear

I have a 2001 A6 4.2 and want to replace the air filter. Can't figure it out and there isn't any diagram in the manual.

Appreciate any advice.

Thx
Dan

1st Gear

Appreciate any advice.

Thx
Dan

Quick Reply: Please Read before posting