Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

A6 Centre console cup holder- removal

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 08:49 PM
1st Gear
Default A6 Centre console cup holder- removal

I read many threads but non were specific on this-The cupholder in the centre console - which holds the cup, can be removed without taking off the console- It is held in by friction and two small plastic clips in the front the holder- however the fit into the retaining section is tight and may require lubricant and or a thin blade loosening the centre portion on all sides- there are also two grooves which hold it in place and line it up for a straight up pull out- If you press back (outwards) the two clips and can get a firm grip on the unit it will pull directly up and slide out- nothing holds it except the two clips and friction- I found this out by getting a replacement unit from the wreckers by removing a damaged console and lifting out the whole unit- holder and its retaining case- then by tapping on the bottom of the unit while the upper edges were supported if just neatly popped out so I did not have to remove my own good console- just keep trying and have faith- it will come out and the replacement will just slide in

Last edited by hughsutherland27; 12-05-2013 at 08:52 PM. Reason: mispelling