Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

b5 audi front door panel removel...how do u do it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 07:43 AM
1st Gear
Default b5 audi front door panel removel...how do u do it?

how do u take off the front door panels on a 01 audi a4 1.8t im tryn to put in aftermarket jl speakers and tweeters and i dont wanna mess anything up trying to take off the door panels... any help would be great!

Old 02-25-2009, 03:18 PM
Site Moderator

First thing - Are you replacing the Bose system? If so you will need some sort of adapter since the Bose speakers attach to the panel with a 3 point triangular system.

A good post on that is here:
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/sho...ght=door+panel

Ok - this is from memory:
There are 3 screws you need to remove along the edge of the door. I think two in the rear and one up front. You also need to pull out the plastic piece under the door handle/pull. 2 screws will be hidden beneath it that need removal. Best way to pull out the plastic is to put your fingers on the inside part and push in and down. It should come loose, and wiggle out from there.

Once the screws are out you need to pull up on the door panel and it should slide out of its clips.

Now before you pull the door panel completely away you need to disconnect the door handle lever from the cable. Peel away the liner behind the panel so you can get access and unhook it. Also you need to disconnect all the plugs for the windows and electrical. Mid the color co-ordination of where they are plugged in. Makes it easier plugging them back in so that your front switch doesn't end up controlling your back window!

Here's a pic of the door (I have pics for everything... ) The thick white cable running diagonally is the latch cable you need to disconnect at the door lever.

Last edited by brrman; 02-25-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:47 PM
1st Gear
Default So today the inside door handle stopped working . . .

The inside release handle seems to be okay as the spring is still taut.

Getting the door panel off isn't a problem as I've replaced the inside handle on both my 1996 and 2001 A4 / B5s.

Is it more likely that I'll need the entire latch assembly or just the cable.

The door can be opened from the outside, but not from the inside . . .

Old 12-13-2013, 01:39 AM
1st Gear

I have the original code. After going thru the steps many many times and finally holding the rds/fm2 keys nothing happens except for the "SAFE" display.I have the original code. After going thru the steps many many times and finally holding the rds/fm2 keys nothing happens except for the "SAFE" display.