Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Looking for Audi Mechanic in WI.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:28 AM
1st Gear
Default Looking for Audi Mechanic in WI.

See my post in the Audi A4 B5 forums:
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-...ce-all-185432/

Basically looking for someone who can swap out my oil pickup tube for a good price. Let me know!

Old 12-21-2012, 06:34 PM
1st Gear
Default Did you fix the issue?

Did you figure out what was causing your low oil pressure?

I bought an 01 Audi TT with 112k on it 6 months ago and the engine blew recently. I was also getting the low oil pressure signal before it blew. I brought it to riverwest motorwerks in Plover, WI before the incident and they said it was on its way out and there was nothing they could do about it because of how bad it was sludged up. I hope you found the issue or traded it in before the same happened to you.

The sad part is, I went to Kocourek imports in wausau when I first starting having problems with my car. First they had me replace ignition coils, spark plug wires, and spark plugs. ($650) They told me I needed to get the clutch replaced ASAP so i did. ($2,000) I went back about a month later because my check engine light came on and they told me I had 60% leak down in one of my cylinders and the whole top half of the engine needed to be replaced because of a valve issue, which would have cost me $5,500.

Moral of the story is.. do NOT go to Kocourek Imports in Wausau, they'll fix things that don't need to be and not tell you what is really wrong with the car..

I hope you had better luck!
-Zahnbe

Old 12-23-2012, 02:58 AM
1st Gear

Damn I am sorry to hear that!

I will be sure to keep them in mind as a place not to go.

I seemed to have solved my issue. I did a deisel treatment. Which if you haven't heard of is basically you fill your oil pain up with deisel (I did it through the dip tube to try and avoid it all int he engine) and let it soak so that it deteriorates any gunk in the pick up tube. Then you let it drain for like 24 hours to make sure its all out, then run some cheap oil through just to "rinse" it. I did that to try to clean it up. Also made a makeshift scraper to scrape the tube a little that I found on the forums.

After this I ran some AutoRX through it. When all was said and done my oil pressure was back up to where it should be (roughly)

Current status if car: Sitting in my garage with no engine because I threw a rod... :P

Old 03-24-2013, 10:34 PM
1st Gear

I gather from your last post you already worked out your oil pressure issue. I would throw out there for future reference Accumoto over in Waunakee. Not sure if that is within a reasonable distance for you or not, and the only work I've had done there is a APR chip but they seem to have there stuff together. (lots of fun Porsche race cars and other fun stuff) On that note i have been wondering where some of the other B5 owner/enthusiast's are in Wisconsin, if you ever find yourself in or around the Portage/Dells/Baraboo and need help with anything on the car i'm always down to tear in to a project. hell i'll even head up toward Stevens Point if someone wants a hand.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:22 PM
1st Gear

Another place is Kummrow in the Milwaukee area. I'm around there if anyone is near!

Old 09-28-2014, 02:12 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by JakesWIAudi
Another place is Kummrow in the Milwaukee area. I'm around there if anyone is near!
You have first hand experience with this place? Im in the Milwaukee area as well.

Old 09-29-2014, 07:38 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by torturebori
You have first hand experience with this place? Im in the Milwaukee area as well.
Yeah I go there a lot. Another place is autobahn. He is very knowledgeable but is always packed with audis so sometimes it's hard to get in there.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:45 PM
1st Gear

Hate to revive an old thread but it seems relevant enough. Need to have the timing belt service performed on our 04 A4 Avant Quattro 3.0 and am looking for a reasonable experienced shop to perform.

I received a quote from Kumrow in Milwaukee to replace timing belt, serpentine belt, tensioners for both belts, water pump, thermostat assembly, valve cover gaskets and 1.5 liters of G12. Lets just say that I appreciated their prompt quote and leave it at that.

Ideally I would like to purchase the enhanced TB kit plus the serpentine belt tensioner from BlauParts

Audi A4 Timing Belt Replacement Technical Info 3.0L for around $600 and pay a reasonable labor charge to a mechanic that has prior experience with this service on an audi 3.0 engine or VW 3.0 engine.

Any suggestions for shops or private audi gurus would be appreciated, especially ones that have previously performed this service for you.

Thanks,

Mark
Richfield WI