New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Audi A3 Quattro Not Starting

Old 01-09-2017, 11:22 AM
1st Gear
Default 2006 Audi A3 Quattro Not Starting

Hi All,

I am a new member and first time Audi Owner.

Where do i start....I currently live in the Caribbean and recently i purchased by first car which is the aforementioned Audi. I had the car checked out by an independent 3rd party prior to making the purchase and importing same to the British Virgin Islands. I had driven the car for about four months when the check engine light came on, took it in to my personal mechanic and he advised me that it was a gas issue and cleared the code. About a week later the car started to hard start, and a week after that, it would not start at all.

I had the mechanic look at it but i was unable to get any action so i had to take it to our local audi dealer (fairly new shop and only audi dealer). They have advised me that they are unable to retrieve any codes, and although they have been communicating with Audi technicians overseas, they have had no luck in diagnosing the problem. I am about to go to the shop and discuss the next step and i figured i would post here to see if anyone has encountered this problem before. As an aside, i have no mechanical experience or knowledge and obviously my location would make it quite difficult for me to access skilled technicians to physically work on the car.

If anyone is interested in assisting, please let me know and i will provide whatever details i can.

Thanks in advance.

Inthacut