New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 & A8 model...what year???

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 10:54 PM
1st Gear
Default A6 & A8 model...what year???

I'm so new in the Audi world and absolutely have no clue about what the car has and can do...all I know is that it looks sexy and mean on the highway...don't have plans on buying new...honestly...I bought a brand new truck back in 2007 and had to deal with countless recalls...I just don't want to be a frequent sitter on the lounge of a dealer ever again...

mileage consumption between the A6 and A8 is not that much of a difference...I prefer Quattro than FWD...engine wise aside from 1 being a V6 and the other a V8...what's the difference inside the engine? Are both chain drives instead of timing belts? I am absolutely sure that comfort is not going to be a problem or an issue...I'm just wanting to own a used but decent well maintained Audi A6 or A8. Budget wise, I am trying to stay no more than 10G USD...maybe pushing to 12Gs tops...any suggestions and tips to look for and what year...A6...A8...must be Quattro...

plan on using this car as a daily commute for work...since I travel 38 miles each way...5 days a week and sometimes on weekends too...I want to travel in comfort and convenience...need more insight rather than what I can google over the internet......

I suppose majority of the used well maintained Audi A6 or A8 have had their TSBs taken cared of already...

Old 02-16-2017, 12:02 PM
1st Gear

I will vote for A8..