New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greetings to all

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 07:15 PM
1st Gear
Default Greetings to all

Good Afternoon everyone!

I just wanted to say I'm excited to have my 1st Audi. I've been a Volvo owner for awhile, but always wanted an Audi. My last Volvo V50 was a real disappointment and I decided to part ways with Volvo and their cars.

I looked at both the BMW 5 series and the Audi 6. It seems there are more BMWs in my area. Anyway I found a great 2005 Audi A6 3.2 at my local Honda dealer (they are great dealer) and it only had 79k on it and is very clean. I spent over an hour test driving it and loved it.

Looks to be a two owner car, but maybe one. Looks like it was leased then bought at the end of the lease. So it's not 100% clear. Nonetheless the car has as close to a perfect interior that ive seen. It did have some recently acquired damage to the front bumper cover. The dealership is getting it fixed it happened in the last month and they decided not to fix it because they were trading it in on a 2017 pilot. They are also fixing a small piece of chrome trim and changing my oil (with OEM filter/oil).

I know the 85k maintance is coming. So ive got to find a competent independent Audi shop. Closest Audi dealership is an hour away.

Anyway has anyone used an aftermarket warranty? I'm thinking of dropping the coin on one. I understand Audi is built well and will last 200k or more but having an aftermarket warranty might be worth it for a 11-12 year old car.

Any advice or tips about this or anything regarding my A6 would be great!

Thanks for reading