New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello Everyone--looking for advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 04:32 AM
1st Gear
Default Hello Everyone--looking for advice

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for letting me join the forum. I could use all the help I can get. I'm looking to buy a used Audi sedan, but there are so many and I'm so confused. I currently drive a 2005 Volvo S40 Turbo. I'm just about at 97,000 miles and I think it's time to say goodbye to my old pal who is in the shop a lot lately.

I love my car, but don't want to get another Volvo as the quality has gone down.

So, my question is: which Audi is most comparable to my Volvo? I love the size of the S40, the sportiness, the all wheel drive (New England winters are brutal) and I LOVE the turbo.

Any suggestions on what model year (I'm looking for certified pre-owned) and what model Audi to buy? Also, suggestions on extra features I would want on it, to get something like I'm used to. I drive my volvo like it's stolen, and really put it through the ringer, too.

FYI: I know absolutely nothing about cars and car terminology--even the differences between the A model Audis and the S models, etc.. The Volvo was really my first car (bought it used in 2008). I went to college in Manhattan and then stayed there for about a decade, so I didn't need a car until I left New York, and bought a Volvo because my family had always driven either Volvos or Saabs. I just know that I like to drive a fast, but safe and durable car.

Thanks so much. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Jenny

Last edited by jennys; 04-20-2014 at 04:37 AM. Reason: poor grammer
Old 04-20-2014, 04:30 PM
Senior Administrator

Personally, I believe the B8-series A4/S4 would be your target vehicle, coming from an S40. Unless you're thinking about stepping up in size, as well as class. Then, a C6/7 A6 might tickle your fancy. Post your questions in those to sub-forums and see what they have to say.

~Jazz

Old 04-23-2014, 02:03 AM
1st Gear
Red face

Thanks so much,
Jenny

Old 04-23-2014, 09:12 AM
Senior Administrator

I should warn you that, being a girl (presumably) on a forum FULL of adolescent (minded) males, there will be a fair amount of inappropriate things said. Please overlook the occasional childishness. If anybody crosses any lines; anything you feel is too much, do not hesitate to let myself or " S4sweeteeteeRS" (one of the other Admins, and a rilly nice Lady, to boot) know. We're not too hard-core, around here, but, we have no problem perma-banning anyone who doesn't know how to behave at least somewhat like an adult.

Enjoy your time on teh forums, and I hope we can help answer all your questions.

~Jazz