New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long time Audi fan - New Audi owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 03:51 PM
1st Gear
Default Long time Audi fan - New Audi owner

Hi Everyone!

I've been visiting the site for a couple of weeks, but just decided to join to share in this experience.

I purchased a 2007 Audi A8 (short) with relatively high mileage (70K) back in October. The car is a long-time dream that's finally come to fruition. I used to sell Audi (and Mercedes, Porsche, Land Rover) back in 2000-01. I fell in love with the Audi brand and more specifically, the A8 then.

I've been in the market for a while, but really wanted an '07 or newer based on the change from timing belt to chain in the engine. For the price, I had to overlook the mileage. I figured with the more reliable chain, it would be a long-term keeper.

Up till now, the car has been a dream. However, I've recently noticed a "chirp" coming from the suspension. It appears to occur on the rebound of the shock (after it's compressed). I have a hunch is the bushing on the control arm, but I'm hoping to get some expert input - or anyone who's experienced a similar noise... what is the root cause, and secondly, what needs to be done.

Thanks!
Marvin