New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Audi Owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 09:14 AM
1st Gear
Default New Audi Owner

We purchased a 2006 A3 2.0T 4 door for my 20 yr old son's first car. It was driven by an older lady (which explains all the scuffs and the dented in rocker panels) for it's entire life. Serviced at the Minneapolis Audi dealer regularly. It has 141k on it and for it's age it appears to be in pretty good shape. Picked it up for $4650.

Haven't done much to it yet. We picked it up about 2 weeks ago. We have a new CAI on the way from K&N to replace the stock engine cover that is broken anyway. The CAI was a cheaper option then buying a used or new cover. Other than that I am hoping that the dealer that has done all the maintenance will be able to send me the service records for the car since I was not able to get them from the owner.

Paul

Old 08-28-2016, 04:21 AM
1st Gear

How long have your car away

Old 08-28-2016, 10:14 AM
1st Gear

We have had it for a couple of months now. Here is what we have done to it so far.

New CAI installed from K&N. They shipped us the CAi without all the brackets so they were kind enough to overnight us a new parts pack.

Threw a engine code the other day and had to replace the #4 Coil pack and after looking at the spark plug we replaced all of them. Runs a lot smoother.

Replaced the rear taillight bulb as it was burnt out

Cleaned the anti-glare coating off the nav unit and what a difference that made. Not sure why Audi put that on it doesn't need it.

Got a slow leak in the drivers front fixed.

Replace the rear wiper arm. Bought an aftermarket one from China and to be honest it looks identical to the one we took off. the old one is broken and was drooping down on the paint when it was off.

Next on the list is the following:
Replace the DSG fluid and filter
Decarb the intake manifold.