New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Audi owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 07:03 PM
1st Gear
Default New Audi owner

Hey out there so I purchased my first Audi last year. Let me tell ya it was probably one of the best days ever for me. I love it. It's a 2011 A4 2.0T Silver and had 72000 miles when I purchased it. Rides like a dream. Fast and sexy. I always dreamed of owning an Audi and I finally did it. Let's face it Audis are a high end car and so comes with it the cost of one but it's worth every penny. So about 6 months ago I started having issues with it consuming too much oil. So I took it to an Audi mechanic and had a part replaced only to find that the problem just kept getting worse. I was consuming a qt.every 500-700 miles by this time. So I took it back to my mechanic and he found that Audi actually had a bulletin out on an oil consumption problem. So we called the local dealership to see what the guidelines were for this problem and we were told that all A4 models from 2009-2012 had a problem directly from the factory. So because I had,at the time,86000 miles on the car I was outside the guidelines. They were taking responsibility for all these Audis that met the guideline of up to 80000 miles and bet.the years of 2009-2012. Anything outside of this,you're on your own. So clearly they shot me down. So luckily I purchased an after-market warranty and I was able to get it looked at again only to find that the motor either needs the pistons and other parts rebuilt or a new motor..what I want to know is is anyone else out there having this issue and if so what if any suggestions do you have for me? I think that Audi should stand behind their top notch quality cars and help me out here. I bought the car unknowing that it would cause me so much grief and time without it and money. If it came out of Audis factory with a defective engine I think they should help out. Any suggestions would help. Thanks