New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rally b5 a4 build/intro

Old 04-12-2012, 11:40 PM
1st Gear
Default rally b5 a4 build/intro

hello, i just started my first audi project, its a 98 1.8t quattro 5 spd.

Name:  fsdf.jpg
Views: 2426
Size:  78.1 KB

i just sold my e34 m5 (rebuild, high comp, coilovers, wheels), because the roads in New mexico suck ***, and there are dirt roads EVERYWHERE here. I had a 1g eclipse gsx in high school, and remember loving gravel and wet roads, so i decided to do an audi. here are a few of the bmw:

Name:  IMG_6757.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  55.1 KB
Name:  1209080006a.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  58.8 KB

My wife has had an 01 2.8quattro manual, but our interest rate was rediculous, so we sold it, and got an 03 a4 3.0 6spd avant.

Name:  jfdk.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  85.3 KB

I work for VW in nm, and have liked german cars for quite a while. i was into the drifting scene with an old school corolla, a 535i, and then my m5. I still really enjoy "performance driving" but have decided to do something turbo again.

i may get an evo IX turbo for free, so if i do, i'll figure out a way to make it work, otherwise, k04 is probably in my future.

i got this car off Craigslist on a whim. Guy said it was in much better condition than it was, and wasn't even the color he said it was. Oh well. 165k, needs a clutch and rear brakes, some trim pieces, headlights, tailights, tires, etc. I got oem lights and the v6 wheels from an audi i found to flip.

it already has bilstein rear struts, so i decided to raise it up 1" in the rear by cutting a new groove in the strut body for the spring perch to sit on. Turns out 1" increase in height puts you RIGHT at the full extension height of the strut, so i'm going to put the battery in the trunk and maybe carry some tools with me regularly to keep from hitting the stop all the time.

front wheel gap picture is estimated with my planned height increase, we'll see how it actually turns out.

I'm still waiting on the ok from the wife to get a clutch/flywheel kit and the front struts.

Rally armor mudflaps are on the way, im sure ill do some crazy lights and a roof rack eventually. ill update as i go

Last edited by driftnburn; 04-13-2012 at 01:29 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:36 AM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

Willkommen to the forums!

seems like an interesting project

look forward to seeing updates