Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

my 12v v6 rear mount turbo setup is done

Old 06-13-2009, 02:27 AM
4th Gear

Bump...Same questions.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:30 AM

rear mount or "remote" mount turbo systems work great. ive seen them on numerous cars and one advantage is price of fab work and ease of install. lower temps and a wicked sound. ive got one on my lincoln ls, and eventually ill go big single remote mount on my s4. bark all the technical jargon you want, fact is they do work and work well. go to ststurbo.com and watch videos of trucks going through water with them. they make covers for the filters. i wouldnt buy their kits cause they cost to much, but they sort of pioneered the idea. theres a local guy in st louis that has been running a 99ss camaro with a rear setup for like 6 years now and his motor has a cam and new intake and he runs 10.80s and ive seen that thing outrun a gxsr on the street from a dig. underhood turbo is out new technology is better.

find the right turbo size by calling an expert and letting him know where its going and how big your motor is. if your car has a maf, you should extend the wires so it can go before the turbo unless you can get one that can handle the boost and gget a tune for it. still need a wastegate and bov.find a spot under the car to put it. run oil lines to it, run an oil line back with a pump on it. buy some 2.25 tubing from summit or jegs. cut them accordingly and use couplers to piece it together. maybe take it to a muffler shop and have most of it welded together but leave a little coupled so it can be installed easy. i wrapped my exhaust tubing and then coated it with silicon so the heat would stay in the pipe. i also have a small intercooler just for that extra cooling. its much cheaper and easier to mount one under the car where a muffler used to be especially if upgraded turbos when they wont fit or if your car has no aftermarket parts like my ls.

Last edited by xxbmxlsxx; 06-19-2009 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:31 PM
I'm make believe

Originally Posted by 2001A6
Wow, no pics. This thread is now worthless! LOL.
Originally Posted by reverend
So how much did this setup cost you?
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl
Bump...Same questions.

You people DO REALIZE that this thread is over 2 years old and the owner hasnt been active in forever and doesnt own the car right?!?!?

good luck getting answers

Old 06-21-2009, 01:23 AM
2nd Gear

And how old was my post.....

I dont care about the proof so much, just think its BS when people talk turbo 2.8s. Just plum dumb.

Nice BAT TT build going from what your sig says...

Old 06-21-2009, 01:39 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by cincyTT
You people DO REALIZE that this thread is over 2 years old and the owner hasnt been active in forever and doesnt own the car right?!?!?
No...