Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Oil leaking into my turbo

Old 04-06-2016, 06:37 PM
1st Gear
Default Oil leaking into my turbo

My Check Engine light came on and it was a P0299 - Turbocharger/Supercharger Underboost. Took it to a mechanic and he said when he went to check the diverter valve, there was oil leaking out of my turbo. (I've been trying to learn as much as I can but forgive my lack of knowledge about my turbo). Anyway, he said I need a new turbo. He's not the normal guy I go to and I'm a little skeptical. Is the turbo really shot and there's no saving it? And, if so, where's a good place to look for one? I know it won't be cheap. Not long ago I had new control arms and some work done to my exhaust so I really don't wanna get rid of this car yet.

Old 05-08-2016, 07:04 AM
Administrator

Oil seepage from the shaft seals is common on higher mileage turbos. Disconnect the charge crossover pipe from the turbo outlet pipe under the passenger side of the bumper behind the fog light and see how much oil is in there. A couple tablespoons is expected and is fine as long as the turbo is not making noise. If there's a lot of oil or you hear a dental drill noise while accelerating, the turbo is on its way out.

Old 06-28-2016, 02:53 PM
1st Gear
Default oil leaking from riverside turbo

Hi All,
Please bare with me as I'm new to this forum and to Audi's. i own a 2000 Audi A6 quattro 2.7t. 98k miles.
My current problem is I'm having an issue with my driverside turbo leaking oil. At the same time my C.E.L. light came on with two vaccum codes p1423 and p1411 (iirc). Not sure if related or not.
My mechanic told me i need to replace the turbos. Besides the dealer who wants $1400.00 each for the turbos. Where can i find a bolt on replacement turbo? What other parts will i need. Is there a common vacuum leak on these cars?
Any and All help is greatly appreciated.