Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beer

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 09:46 PM
6th Gear

Happy IPA day guys, hopefully you've enjoyed one or two today.

Old 08-08-2014, 09:48 AM
4th Gear

Threw back a few Ruby Redbirds last night, and now I know why I don't like them too much. Taste great, but at 4.01% ABV, I can't drink them fast enough to catch even a little buzz.

Old 08-09-2014, 12:34 PM
1st Gear

I have had that same issue with an increasing number of brews.....I think I MIGHT drink just a wee bit too much beer.....Nah thats rubbish, some brewers just make too weak of beer. I have started with one or two strong beers (ABV 6.5 +) and then move to the "lighter" stuff, abv 5 or so.

Old 08-09-2014, 05:21 PM
4th Gear

Picked up some more Rebel IPA to get that Saturday afternoon, wife just graduated, buzz on after completing the ice bucket challenge.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:39 PM
1st Gear

just tried Resin a six point craft ales 9%alc. very tasty treat!

Old 08-27-2014, 12:19 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by bradtyler02
Threw back a few Ruby Redbirds last night, and now I know why I don't like them too much. Taste great, but at 4.01% ABV, I can't drink them fast enough to catch even a little buzz.
Originally Posted by magicturtle2
I have had that same issue with an increasing number of brews.....I think I MIGHT drink just a wee bit too much beer.....Nah thats rubbish, some brewers just make too weak of beer. I have started with one or two strong beers (ABV 6.5 +) and then move to the "lighter" stuff, abv 5 or so.

That's iust some brewers intent though, to make a beer that tastes good, that you can drink all day, and not be a blacked out **** show after 6. I personally am fond of sessionable beers and also of those heavy hitters. A little micro brewer back in Ohio had a barrel aged bBelgian double that you could drink like water and rang in at a meager 12% (according to the menu) but i know it was closer to 14%.

Originally Posted by Captain-A
just tried Resin a six point craft ales 9%alc. very tasty treat!
I love Resin, it's such a great hop forward beer and has cool cans to go with it.

Old 08-28-2014, 02:38 PM
1st Gear

There are a number of local brews here that make good stuff. I cant say I have ever tried any 10% + ABV beers that you could "drink like water" they have to start off with soo much fermentable sugar to get to that % that they usually have some "heavy" characteristics wither they are imperial stouts, double IPA, belgian quads, or imperial white.

Old 09-27-2014, 12:21 PM
1st Gear

Is there anyone here who brew their own beers ?

Old 09-27-2014, 01:00 PM
4th Gear

I've thought about it, but never had the urge. It's so much easier to just go pick up my favorite brew and enjoy it now, not in a month or two!

To that end, I'm currently in Virginia and I'm unfamiliar with the local craft beers in the area. Can anyone make some recommendations?

Old 10-15-2014, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by bradtyler02
I've thought about it, but never had the urge. It's so much easier to just go pick up my favorite brew and enjoy it now, not in a month or two!

To that end, I'm currently in Virginia and I'm unfamiliar with the local craft beers in the area. Can anyone make some recommendations?
Still in VA? Whereabouts? You should check out Dogfish Head in Fairfax or Falls Church, Flying Dog in Fredrick MD, and Lost Rhino in Ashburn.

As for my beer of choice when wrenching, I like to stick to lighter fair while working (Coors Light, Miller Lite, Yuengling, etc.) and then switch to the heavier stuff afterwards. Lately I've been into IPA's from Southern Tier, Great Lakes and Dogfish Head.

Quick Reply: Beer