Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Beer

Old 06-29-2014, 10:59 PM
1st Gear
Default Beer

No self respecting DIYer would get his hands dirty if there were not something chilled in the fridge to cool off with after your done...or maybe before your done..
I love all kinds of beer from Stouts and Porters to Lagers and Pilsners. I even like the occasional Hefewiezen. I do have standards so I draw the line at fruit and the big three "sports beers". With that said, a very cold Stella is hard to beat when covered in grease under the hot Texas sun.

So what is your favorite grease monkey beer?

Old 06-30-2014, 11:10 AM
Senior Administrator

I predict this will eventually become an EPIC thread, once people discover it. Possibly even a portend to teh return of the OT section to its once, and future, greatness!

Old 06-30-2014, 05:51 PM
1st Gear

your prediction is fine and I hope correct but you didnt give the brew of choice....
Considering your current residence I'll just assume you'll drink whatever someone else buys for you.....

Old 06-30-2014, 10:07 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

i'm a margarita gal....and a wine lady, too....just not both together.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:21 PM
1st Gear

Like I said in another thread...

" I like good beer a lot more than I should and I like good wine not near as much as I would IF I didn't like Jack Danieles as much as I do. And a good tequila aint bad either!!"

P.S. Yes margaritas count as long as their not made with a mix and shitty tequila.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:23 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by S4sweeteeteeRS
i'm a margarita gal....and a wine lady, too....just not both together.
So what is your recipe for the Rita, and what is the wine of choice?

Old 07-01-2014, 06:52 AM
4th Gear

When it's hot, I prefer a lighter beer (in color): Sam Adam Noble Pils and Summer Ale are excellent choices. Shiner makes a good selection of grease monkey beers as well. I even enjoy Dos Equis and Land Shark on occasions. During the winter month (singular), that's when I like to get back into the darker, "heavier" beers: Guinness, Sam Adams Boston Lager, Fat Tire (New Belgium Brewing Co. from Colorado Springs, CO).

Old 07-01-2014, 09:56 AM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by magicturtle2
your prediction is fine and I hope correct but you didnt give the brew of choice....
Considering your current residence I'll just assume you'll drink whatever someone else buys for you.....
Actually, I'm a non-drinker. but, I'm not a dousche about it. I have no probs with others drinking, and I am usually very happy to designated-driver them home, if they ask.

Old 07-01-2014, 05:43 PM
1st Gear

Totally respect that...but that means that I have declared you a non-self respecting DIYer! Oh wait no i didnt. I said you have to have something in the fridge but I didnt say it had to be alcoholic in nature.

Brad, Land Shark is a great hot day beer I concur. I like the others you mentioned as well.
New Belgium also has several seasonal brews that are very good. I dont care that much for their Trippel ( too much coriander) and their "Belgian style IPA" forget the name but IMHO IPAs and Belgian Abbey style beers dont mix well at all. Lots of brewers are trying them though.
IPA was brewed with heavy hops and higher alcohol to preserve the beer to ship to India when the Brits had a heavy presence there.
Belgian Abbey Ales use candy sugar and vastly different yeast, not a good pairing at all for me anyway.

Old 07-01-2014, 06:43 PM
4th Gear

Not a fan of the over the top hoppiness of IPA, but Sam Adams Rebel IPA is pretty good, and 6.5% ABV

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Beer