Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi sales staff are the worst !!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 11:54 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi sales staff are the worst !!!!!!

Hi

I have been trying to buy a 05/06 A4 vert with low mileage for 3 weeks through Audi USA's network of dealers in NY, NJ and Conn. So far zippo because the sales people that l have spoken to are not car people and shouldn't be selling cars. They would be better off selling magazines.

After going through each dealers inventory l would list what was available and then l would call up to get the details. If l asked about a convertible why did l have to listen about a sedan? Or if l was specific about wht l wanted and didn't want why continue to push something that l wasn't going to buy at any price?

Even though l tell them that l'm not interested in any shade of gray they come back with that they have a nice silver.

Or they will ask me how much that l can afford per month which really is a stupid question a person can answer because then he can figure out your price range.

Anyway l have come to the conclusion that the Audi sales staff is no different then the Honda staff which l find disgusting.

By the way Bmw seems to higher a higher caliber of sales people.

Alan

Old 12-27-2007, 12:03 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Audi sales staff are the worst !!!!!!

Sales is an art... If they were really good sales men this would nmot happen... tell them to read the book "How to Master the Art of Selling" by Tom Hopkins... great book.
It's all about the customer, hearing what they have to say then help them out with the sale by asking them questions of what they need it for, price range, etc etc to narrow down the range of vehicles in the lot while not being the typical aggressive "salesman"; As well as answering questions to help with the sale.
It is good that you narrow your search to a convertible... but when they go off into a tangent into sedans.. that guys gotta read a little.. seriously say that to them...

Old 12-27-2007, 12:27 PM
4th Gear

Alan you are just like me when it comes to buying a car. Personally I dont like any car sales person. Once I decide what I want I start the search and am very specific on what I want. Everytime I have visited a dealer I get the same thing you have just ranted about. I also dont see why they would want to **** me off with trying to get me in a different car unless its just a game to them.

lolA few years back my dad and I were shopping for this GTP I wanted and this salesman has us sitting at a table waiting while he "checks the invitory" for 10-15min. I told the guy if he dont haveEXACTLY what I want dont waist my time. He came back talking about some nice Buick he hadand my dad and I did'nt even say a word just stood up and walked out. The guy tried have a car ported block us in to show me this car. I snapped on him andtold him to shove the Buick up his a$$ while customers and other sales people where watching.

Till this day I buy from private parties only.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:57 PM
1st Gear

Hi

When l speak to a dealership l'm very specific about what l want and l always tell them (true) that l will buy the car today if we can get together o what l want and the price.

Another thing the first thing that they want is my phone # and my address etc, etc. At this point l cut them off right away and tell them if we come to an understanding l will leave them a check. I guess they want this so that they can call me back after l walk out with a lower price. Whe l walk out it's over period as far as l see it.

What about asking the sales person if he minded if he can borrow an Elcometer so that l can check to see if there was any paint work done on the vehicle! They have no idea what l'm talking about and will most likely get very flustered.

Old 12-27-2007, 01:14 PM
2nd Gear

Yeah, car salesmen are the worst! I remember when I went car shopping at an Infinit dealership, I looked in their back lot and saw and an a4 with low mileage so I asked them how much it was selling for and what not and they replied that they had no info on the car yet. I told them I wasn't interested in ANYTHING american yet they continued to ask me about cavaliers and BS and how much I was looking to spend. My father and I both replied that the amount we were spending was not the issue, the issue was if they had an import that I liked.

They got my number and all that crap. A week later I bought my A6 from a private sale for an AWESOME price (I almost felt bad for the guy I bought it from). They called me a few days after my purchase and asked if I had found a car yet. I told them I bought an Audi and was very satisfied with it. They said ok and we hung up. Over the next month I got 4 MORE phone calls from them asking if I had found a car yet, all different salesmes. Since I used to be in sales myself I said "look man, I know you're doing your job, but I'm no pipeline for you or any of your associates. I have already purchased a car and if you call me again I'll consider it harassment and deal with your company accordingly. Have a good one man." Then I hung up.

I haven't gotten anymore calls from Midway Infiniti since.

Old 12-27-2007, 01:15 PM
2nd Gear

car salesman are like that becausea lot of people are easily pressured into getting things they dont really want because they havent set goals for what the DO want. the sales people have trouble with smart people like you who go in already knowing exactly what you want so they try to pressure you even more. its dumb. but every now and then you actually get a nice one who know what theyre talking about

Old 12-27-2007, 01:31 PM
4th Gear

Yep once I figure out what I want thats when the shopping starts.

I learned that you never tell them how you are going to pay and let them think that you are getting financing threw them but will worryabout the financing when they show the car I want. Dont tell them what you want to pay (total & or payments) Write down what you want so they can check their "inventory". I stopped giving them my name and number because in my experiences they just go to the back and chat with their buddies while you wait. Then they tell you they have some cars for you and want to get more info or look at something other than whatI want. Which is when i stop them and ask them if they have exactly what I wrote down and walk away because they dont. I think when you approach them in a stubborn manor and tell them this is all you will buy that it triggers something in them topiss you off. I heard once or twice that, thatapproach is like gold to them because those customers are statistically the ones to buy anything.

This is why I like private sales because the people are not pushy, they have exactly what you want at a better price then the dealer. AND warranties can be purchased in most cases by a 3rd party if the manufacture has expired.

(Is it obvious how much I hate car sales people)

I hope all goes well with your huntjust dont give up.

Old 12-27-2007, 01:44 PM
3rd Gear

I feel you when i went to buy my A4 i wanted a B7 Black Stick. The guy came back to me well we dont have that car but"if you just wanna act color blind it will be all the same" I then walked. You just have to be patient its like dealing with children.

Old 12-27-2007, 04:08 PM
1st Gear

Hi

I must have spoken to every Audi dealer in my tri state area and they are checking what is coming off lease and getting back to me.

Bottom-line they are waiting to see what their used car dept picks up at auction if anything and then they will get back to me even if it's something l didn't ask for.

I can pick up an Audi Pure Protection package like the CPO extended warranty but l'm waiting on the price.

Keep in mind that buying a CPO saves this added $ and they put on new tires and give cheap financing. If l have to buy one from a private party then l will have to pay cash.

Alan

Old 12-27-2007, 07:19 PM
3rd Gear

MOST car salesmen are dicks...not just audi. The best salesmen are the ones that know who they can BS and which customers can school them on the same car they're selling. The guy that I bought my A6 from must've figured out I knew what I wanted cuz he just handed me the keys and said 'check it out' in less than two hours I was drivin out the dealer blasting my symphony stereo and he got a fat comission without breaking a sweat

Quick Reply: Audi sales staff are the worst !!!!!!