Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

q re:dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 04:54 PM
1st Gear
Default q re:dealerships

when i was test driving audis (the many many many times), my (50+yo) salesman kept going on and on about all the mods you can do. how the tranny'll hold up to xhp. how audis really a performance car. how easy it is to bump the hp. how i could add this or change that. how they'll help me. all the while i'm thinking, @30k, i'm not putting another dime into it. then i bought a way old a4, had some cash and looked into chipping. i finally decided on giac figuring if the dealerships install them, its gotta be pretty reliable and not likely to mess things up. so, suncoast audi installs chip. i blow dv and they sell me an evo dv they keep in stock cause they're all about performance. (they're also the local porsche dealer). i move to ga, and after the sticker shock of the tip chip, call the local dealer re:will they do it. the guys reems me a new one saying no audi dealer would ever do that. is suncoast audi alone in this? was i just spoiled? asking for feedback. and yes, they're still a stealership, but atleast they wanted you to drive hard and fast.

Old 10-13-2007, 05:45 PM
Default RE: q re:dealerships

I don't think you're going to find many dealerships that are pro modding. You'd be lucky to find another that will endorse it.

Cheers!

Old 10-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Default RE: q re:dealerships

Stevens Creek Audi in NorCal actually sells Stasis-prepped cars right now. Apparently Stasis and certain Audi dealerships have partnered up to sell modded A3's, A4's, and TT's. Penske West Covina is another dealer in SoCal that is doing this. More info on their website. I agree with Chef in saying that there's not may dealerships out there that will endorse modding.