Ride Of The Month This section contains all nomination and voting threads and information, ONLY. See Rules before nominating or voting!

January 2010 ROTM Winner: Quattros

Old 02-09-2010, 06:18 AM
Administrator
Arrow January 2010 ROTM Winner: Quattros

Note: Thank you everyone that participated and voted during the January's ROTM process. There were many great cars/entries and there was only one vote gap between the first and second place. I hope to see many more great cars to be featured each month. Just for kicks, here is the 'top 5' ROTM for the month of January 2010 (we had the total of 12 entries).

1. Quattros
2. warranty225cpe
3. kriptonik
4. aledelic42
5. ImTheDevil/eMacPaul - tied for 5th

A Fresh Start

"New year, new beginning." An overly said quote that we always hear to give us hope for a new start. Coming into 2010, we have decided to bring Ride of The Month back to life. A new beginning was also the story behind the January 2010 ROTM winner Quattros aka Randy when it comes to his 1996 Audi A4 12V Quattro that unfortunately was lost in a car crash a while ago. Luckily for him, it was the start of an addiction that took him to where he is today. Randy has owned 3 Audis so far and the third one being a tribute to his 'first love', his love that we're featuring today.

Name:  DSC00924-1.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  67.5 KB

Having one of the first modified B5 A4's, Randy has had his fair shares when it comes to acquiring parts. You can tell that this was no ordinary A4 as a lot of work had been put into it. Starting with the full body kit ranging from companies such as Rieger and ABT, to the custom one of a kind trunk spoiler, and even as far as the custom dual projector E-Code headlights. Being one of the first ones in the scene wasn't as easy as it seemed. With originality in mind, Randy had to look across the pond to score some of the Euro-only parts that weren't available to the US market.

Name:  DSC01258-1.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  43.3 KB
Name:  DSC01269-1.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  40.1 KB

With the amount of work done, time invested, and money spent; it's no surprise that Randy's B5 gets the attention it deserved. After all, Randy was one of the first guys who made the Euro scene we love, to be what it is today. You never know where life is gonna take you... and a new beginning isn't so bad after all. I can't wait to see where Randy's addiction will take him next!

Name:  DSC00937-1.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  55.8 KB

1996 Audi A4 2.8 12v Quattro.

Engine:
-Custom 12V Tuning
-Custom CAI
-Test Pipe
-Full Remus Exhaust

Exterior:
-Rieger RS4 V.2 front bumper with custom matching mesh and custom projector foglights
-One-Piece custom dual projector E-Codes with Halos
-ABT side skirts
-ABT rear valance
-Custom Trunk spoiler with built-in 3rd brake light
-Rieger roof spoiler
-OEM-Style Carbon Fiber Hood
-Kamei eyelids

Interior/Audio:
-RS4 shift **** + boot
-Alpine IVA-D310 TV
-Focal K2P 6.5 Front + REAR speakers (Custom door kickpanels for 6.5)
-JL Audio 300/4
-JL Audio 1000/1
-JL Audio 12” W7

Brakes/Suspension/Wheels:

-H&R Coilovers
-HRE 540R 19” Black face polished lip
-Toyo T1R – 235/35/19
-Painted front + rear calipers (red)

Future plans (had the car lived):

-Supercharger
-Widebody

1. How did you hear about AudiForums?

I don’t quite remember how I stumbled into AF, could have been a search engine, but I have been a member for quite some time though! However, I do know why I started to be more active and hang out with the SoCal ring; Randy A. (kriptonik)! I met Randy A. and from there I was introduced to some local members at a meet.

2. What made you choose Audi?

I was into JDM before, but my sister owned this car prior to me and I fell in love with the car, the way it handled and performed to what I expected out of a car. For my 18th birthday/graduation present my parents purchased this car for me as my first car! From there, everything else was history!

3. What was your inspiration for the car?

As usual my inspiration is my attempt to stand out and be different from the rest of the cars on the road and online; which was my drive for this car and also my current car. The B5 at the time was a relativity new style in the US and not many people were modding the car, so I sourced out parts from Europe and tried to turn my dream into a reality. Lastly, this car has been an inspiration to my modding style and a reflection of my current car stems from this car and parts are carried on as well.

4. If you could have done something differently, what would it be?

The car overall turned out great and was happy with it, the only thing I would do differently is get rid of the halo idea. At the time my halo’s were bluish, there was no other white color in the size I needed that were available, they didn’t turn out as well as I envisioned. Funny story, a cop pulled me over since I was “impersonating a cop” with the halos. LOL.

5. How long ago did you enter the tuning scene?

Been in the scene since 18 years old; 25 and some change now.

6. What was your most valued (doesn't necessarily have to be the most expensive) mod of the car?

I have two main things I am very proud of, the front end: Headlights - Custom dual projectors + Halo E-Codes, custom projector foglights coupled with my RS4 front bumper. Lastly, my custom clear/red taillights. I can say that the headlights/fogs/tails were one of a kind for quite some time and are my proudest memories of the car along with the ownership.

7. Any special thanks/shout outs you'd like to make?

Parents + sister for buying/giving me the car, that started my crazed obsession that I am addicted to now. My girlfriend Erica for putting up with those crazy mod nights I had (that are bad now, but not as much as before). Art for helping me out (getting me into the scene as well), my neighbor Johnny for other help on certain mods, friends and family. More importantly, AF voters for giving me closure on my first car getting some recognition for all the hard work, time and dedication put into this car.

-kriptonik2010 | photos by: quattros

Last edited by kriptonik; 08-11-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:34 AM
4th Gear

Awesome write up. Great to read the story behind the car... Congrats Randy... well deserved!

Old 02-09-2010, 12:19 PM
4th Gear

congrats. Nice clean looking b5.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:59 PM
1st Gear

dang, this was up fast randy!

Thanks everyone who voted for me!

i am excited and happy to have my b5 featured

-randy

Old 02-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Administrator

Nice job on the writeup Kriptonik, and congrats Randy - your car was very deserving of the recognition. It was a great-looking car and definitely a worthy choice to restart ROTM with

Old 02-09-2010, 08:25 PM
1st Gear

kind words thanks for that!

there was quite a few good cars out to choose, like yours!

Old 02-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Thanks man although I didn't really feel my ride was worthy yet, although I'm working on it. Another couple months and I'll have it where I'll feel like it'd be a viable entry But no, you had us all beat from the get-go this month.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:20 PM
4th Gear

now i feel bad... as one of your most prized possesions (mods) are now mine... dont worry ill enjoy the tail lights lol

Old 02-09-2010, 10:22 PM
1st Gear

lol phill, the car is gone now...who knows where most of the parts are now

Old 02-10-2010, 12:08 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Randy's car is truly one of a kind. Well deserved! Congrats once again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: January 2010 ROTM Winner: Quattros