AudiForums.com

Go Back   AudiForums.com > Audi Models > S Car Model Line
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Welcome to Audi Forums!
Welcome to Audi Forums,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2005, 04:47 PM
1st Gear

Default Difference between S4 Avant and S4 Sedan?

What is the difference? Are they the same thing?
Old 04-08-2005, 06:51 PM
1st Gear

Default RE: Difference between S4 Avant and S4 Sedan?

u mean besides one is huge and funky and the other is just rad? dunno
Old 04-08-2005, 09:04 PM
3rd Gear

Uhmmm... one is a wagon and one is a sedan. Uhmmmm... is that what you wanted to know?

Either lead, follow, or get out of the way...
Audis don't get out of the way and they never follow.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:38 PM
1st Gear

Send a message via AIM to RuS4ty

Is there much performance difference in the two? I would imagine the Avant would have slightly worse handling, and is slightly heavier (3704 lb (sedan); 3814 lb (Avant wagon)) so not much at all. the wagon is taller by an inch...so..not much difference.

Old 04-12-2005, 10:42 PM
1st Gear

Send a message via AIM to RuS4ty

correcting to my self, avant wont have worse handling...i dont think at least, someone correct me if im wrong please.

Old 04-13-2005, 04:17 AM
1st Gear

Send a message via AIM to Emil@RENN=ART

just remember that the RS4 was only made in avant

i think they rox!

Old 04-13-2005, 02:32 PM
4th Gear

the rs4 avant is sick, but besides that wagons r stupid. sedens r the way to go
Old 04-14-2005, 07:12 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
ORIGINAL: 99a4audi

the rs4 avant is sick, but besides that wagons r stupid. sedens r the way to go

Aren't you the genius....FYI - I find my wagon extremely practical and great fun - just as much as any sedan might be - in fact I can;t imagine that there is much of a performance difference - so what makes gobs of extra hauling space and better visibility beside "stupid" eh?. Besides - I've always felt that in general the Audi A4/S4 Avant is about the best looking - most perfectly proportioned wagon on the planet - and from the very debute of the A4 I felt (and still feel) it was the better looking car. So perhaps you will modify your statement to at least admit that perhaps it might be a matter of preference - besides the fact that I imagine my dumpy (not) little wagon would likely blow the doors off of your (obviously most radical) sedan anyday.
64 1/2 Mustang cv-289 4bV8 - VBurgundy
Old 04-19-2005, 12:02 PM
1st Gear

Points: 7,405, Level: 57 Points: 7,405, Level: 57 Points: 7,405, Level: 57
Level up: 28%, 145 Points needed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Daily Activity: 0%
Daily Activity: 0% Daily Activity: 0% Daily Activity: 0%

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Roadhawk
Besides - I've always felt that in general the Audi A4/S4 Avant is about the best looking - most perfectly proportioned wagon on the planet - and from the very debute of the A4 I felt (and still feel) it was the better looking car. So perhaps you will modify your statement to at least admit that perhaps it might be a matter of preference - besides the fact that I imagine my dumpy (not) little wagon would likely blow the doors off of your (obviously most radical) sedan anyday.
my sentiments exactly!
Old 04-19-2005, 06:39 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
ORIGINAL: diabolical1

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Roadhawk
Besides - I've always felt that in general the Audi A4/S4 Avant is about the best looking - most perfectly proportioned wagon on the planet - and from the very debute of the A4 I felt (and still feel) it was the better looking car. So perhaps you will modify your statement to at least admit that perhaps it might be a matter of preference - besides the fact that I imagine my dumpy (not) little wagon would likely blow the doors off of your (obviously most radical) sedan anyday.
my sentiments exactly!

Yeah I really do love this car - even with all the $$ and frustration I've had to put into it. There is just really something about blowing off all manner of racer wanna bees with - for the most part - very little fanfare - and I even enjoy the looks I get from Bikes - yeah - I might not beat them - but I can serioulsy keep pace with most of them - to the point they often just stare or ask WTF are you driving! lol - and in the snow - forget about it....

I also enjoy the ability to really pack this baby down - its amazing what I've been able to shoehorn into this car....Avant is the way to go IMO....
64 1/2 Mustang cv-289 4bV8 - VBurgundy
Old 04-19-2005, 06:39 PM

Tags
2005, a4, audi, avant, b5, b6, comparison, diference, difference, differences, rs4, s4, sedan, states, united