S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Do rear seats fold down?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 05:32 PM
1st Gear
Default Do rear seats fold down?

Looking for a b5 s4... 2000-2002 and have been researching to see if the rear seats fold down (for my snowboard/surfboards), but only saw the phrase "rear split bench seat". Don't know exactly what this means and sorry to you avant owners, but not a big fan of the wagon look.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:05 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Do rear seats fold down?

Yes, 60/40 if I am not mistaken. I have a 2000 S4.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:07 PM
1st Gear

thanks, then it's done, I'm officially in the market

Old 02-27-2007, 06:09 PM
1st Gear

I am actually a fan of the look of the snowboard racks on the top, but it is easier to just put em in the back, just make sure to protect the edges so they don't hurt the leather if they shifted. What options and such are you looking for? What's your price range?

Old 02-27-2007, 06:14 PM
1st Gear

I totally agree with the roof rack look, just don't want wax dripping in the summer and like you said, it's just easier to throw it in the back... I am looking for a 2001, 6sp, not really concerned with the options, just want less than 75k miles, and hopefully but not specifically nogaro or black... I just missed a 2001 with only 43k grey s4, unmodded, beauty of a car, it was sold from a dealership for 20k. From looking around the forums and stuff, that seems like a pretty good deal. I especially want an umodded car, definitely. I spoke to a guy from TN who buys/sells s4's and usually after he does the timing system replacement and sometimes control arms, cv joint and other common parts that needs to be replaced. He said he'd look. Have you heard of this guy?

Old 02-27-2007, 06:19 PM
1st Gear

Haven't heard of him, but then again I am over in washington. I found mine through a dealer. Actually a buyer from a dealer who maybe sells one car a year to a customer, and it was me, then I had a whole slew of problems, but it shoulda been an easy fix that just the right thing happened to complicate it. But now things are all good and I can concentrate on modding.

I would say get the options you want, like if you want nagaro, and the alcantara interior, look for that, I love the black/blue look. I am actually going to get some custom seat inserts but I don't know what color yet.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:22 PM
1st Gear

Can you elaborate on your problem? I am not going to compromise on what I want, specifically, I want the nogaro blue exterior and black interior. I am still unaware of the alcantara and what it means, so I'm gonna research that. This forum rocks, I've been on here the last 4 days and learning so much. Can't wait to get mine and join in on the fun.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:39 PM
1st Gear

I had a bad torque converter, which tripped the CEL, by the time I got it into the dealer the EPC light had come on, they replaced the TC and the gauge cluster (had a temp A4 cluster in there) They programmed the cluster for the A4 it came out of, in my S4, which won't do. So they put the S4 cluster back in and the EPC light was still on, they adjusted a few things and it went off, I start the car, it's back on. They adjust a few more things and it finally goes and stays off. Several weeks later, I turn the car off, I go to turn it back on and it wont start. The linkage is messed up so it won't go into park, so I start it in nuetral and get it down to the dealer and the fix it and so far it's all good! Total cost was about $4500 but since the CEL fix light was written in the contract and the gauge cluster, I didn't pay a penny! The alcantara is like suede kinda. white or blue are the stock colors some came with.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:40 PM
1st Gear

http://www.audiworld.com/features/tests/2004_s4_013.jpg

that's the blue alcantara.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:47 PM
1st Gear

Okay, i've seen that before, yep, that looks hot, gonna have to go with that then. Thank goodness for the warranty huh? Could have been a huge bummer. Good luck with the inserts, pics please when you're done. Thanks for the info... bump... I'm out

Quick Reply: Do rear seats fold down?