S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

S4 FAQ

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Default B5 s4

how much HP can an 01 s4 really handle before you have to rebuild the internals. Say we were to do RS6 turbos with fueling and custom mapping with a stage 3 or 4 clutch. Can she handle it?

Old 04-14-2010, 02:15 AM
Banned
Question Funny joke 3 Sensible Shoes

Two lawyers walking through the woods attracted the attention of a vicious-looking bear. The bear noticed them, and started to walk toward them.The first lawyer immediately opened his briefcase, pulling out a pair of sneakers, and started putting them on.The second lawyer looked at him and said, "You're crazy! You'll never be able to outrun that bear!""Oh, I know that. Bears are much faster than humans. I have no hope of ever being able to outrun a bear.""If you know that, why are you changing shoes?""Well, the way I figure it," the first lawyer replied, "I don't have to outrun the bear. I only have to outrun you."

Old 06-30-2010, 06:57 PM

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF I CAN PUT AN RS4 MOTOR IN mY b7 S4???

Old 08-08-2010, 01:35 AM
1st Gear

if it wasint for us new guys and askin all these Q then whats the point of havin the forums just so the same ppl can talk over and over again ya you guys might get tired of the same crap but still if you have the knowledge then share it with the next new guy thats just the way i see thats all. if i have a prob on my car and i fixed it i would tell the next guy how i did it and would hope he told the next guy how he did it and that the POINT of the FORUMS i think...and besides how long does it really take to type the answer to tell guy whats up....

Old 12-03-2010, 09:59 AM
1st Gear

Awesome post, good info...and thanks for all the links!

Old 12-13-2010, 09:33 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by orr04
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF I CAN PUT AN RS4 MOTOR IN mY b7 S4???
You can put any motor in any car, with a few exceptions (as in, you can't put a diesel engine from a freighter in a Golf). However, barring those extremes, any motor/transmission combination can be put in any car. It's just a question of how much modding and fabrication you are willing to do.

Now, what you likely meant, was can I put the RS4 motor in my B7 S4 without any changes to the car?

The answer, of course, is a decided "no". You can't. There are modifications that will need to be done to make it work. Physically, the RS4 V8 from an '07 or similar will probably work, and bolt right in. But the wiring, plumbing, and ECU systems would all need to be changed.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:35 AM
1st Gear
Default Prospective buyer

Hi Everyone,

I am looking at a 2004 S4 and I took this one out for a test drive, I found the engine to be pretty loud!, not in a bad way though (No clattering/rattling) just engine note and the thump thump of the cylinders, I was wondering if this is normal for these V8's, because when I drove my buddy's 540 it was a lot quieter! and I was wondering about the difference.
Thanks,

Old 05-18-2011, 01:32 AM
1st Gear

i found a link about Audi A4 & S4, perhaps u guys need it!
http://viewpdf.co.cc/audi-a4-cabriol...cabriolet.html

Old 01-01-2012, 08:14 PM
1st Gear

I know this isn't the right board necessarily, but upon an initial search I couldn't find an existing board on this topic. Has anyone discussed the differences between a B7 and B8 S4? I'm looking to buy either an 08 or 09 and would love some educated feedback on the differences. I'm hearing a lot of chatter about those preferring the B7 V8. Thoughts or suggestions as to where I might read more on this comparo?