S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

S4 Vs S60R... which one?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 04:19 AM
1st Gear
Default S4 Vs S60R... which one?

Hi everyone this is my 1st post. I am getting rid of my Sti with 345 whp love it to death but need something more grown up unfortunatly in my bussines image is everything and I feel like a retard pulling up in a suit with a Sti with a BOV..lol anyways I am spoiled and use to AWD there aren't much choices out there right now that offer awd with nice style and good performance. I love the S4 and adore the RS4 but out of my budget I love the V8 sound and the styling of the S4 but I also love power and I like to mod my cars. I also like the S60R 300 hp turbo charged a ecu upgrade 4 this car bumbs a it to (30-40 Hp) just like that. I just don't know which to choose I drove a familly freinds freinds S60R with exhaust and ecu upgrade and it was fast! I mean really fast especially on the highway. It had NO LAG stock 300 hp & 295 Lbs of t/w from 1900 Rpm. I test drove a stock S4 6 speed I liked the sound and handling but it felt abit slow..? I know u can add bolt ons like a Miltek exhaust and intake but u can't really tune it like a turbo charged car . Coming from a Sti I I'm use to that and fine tuning. So I want to know ...has anyone compared these 2 cars ? If yes I guess share your comments on them and sell me on the S4 . I am looking at a 2006 Sprint blue S4 6 speed and also a Sonic Blue (same colour) Volvo S60R with dark blue leather 6 speed and Brembo brakes.. the 0-60 times are really close from what I've read giving the edge to the Volvo S60R
Thanks

Old 10-26-2006, 04:27 AM
Default RE: S4 Vs S60R... which one?

I was looking on carsdirect.com volvo is blowing out the s60r for way below sticker (8k or so) If I did not have a new baby due next mo & wanted a car payment it would be a hard deal not to take.

Old 10-26-2006, 04:36 AM
1st Gear

Your right I can get aprox 7 K off Msrp fully loaded but that isn't really all for me. I just think the R is the closest car to the S4 right now and want to know what people think and the differences

Old 10-26-2006, 04:51 AM
1st Gear

This topic has already been discussed. Once by me. I was in the same boat I bought my b5 s4 brand new in 2002 and was seriously thinking about trading it in for an s60r, but i drove one for a whole day from were I live in Bend, Oregon to Eugene. The adjustable suspension is complete crap the turbo lag is huge and even though it was the pinnacle of the Volvo line it did not even come close to my b5 s4. I dont know how it compares to the new s4. They are cheaper, but im sure you will make the right decision....Good luck

Old 10-26-2006, 06:10 AM
2nd Gear

dirty, 1st of all wlecome

2nd dont even mention Volvo in the same sentence as Audi[sm=headbang.gif]

As dwcs4 said, do a search there i some very good feedback out there already on this topic

Old 10-26-2006, 04:02 PM
2nd Gear

If you want performance, get a B5 S4 with a full exhaust by ASP and chip upgrade with APR bi-pipe, Forge DV's, boost gauge and you'll be set and happy with the performance, I guarentee it. Might not be as fast as your STI but you'll feel a lot more comfortable and refined and have great acceleration at higher speeds since the gearing is complete opposite as the STI; very short 4th-6th and made for higher speeds rather than a rally course. Add coilovers and some nice wheels and tints and people at work will be afraid of you.

Old 10-26-2006, 05:14 PM
2nd Gear

Sorry I can't give you a comparison, but I can tell you that the new S4 will impress your clients as long as you don't try putting 3 in the back seat. Stock it does not have the zip of a turbo, but the V8 sound is worth the price of admission. Unlike most posters here, I would lay off of the mods at least for a while since what you're after is a more "grown up" looking car. A hard ride and tinted windows probably won't impress them.

As far as the Volvo goes, it's a Volvo. Gotta ask yourself if it's going to keep you happy.

Old 10-26-2006, 08:51 PM
1st Gear

Whoa... I guess you guys are not fond of Volvos.. well neither is there forum on the S4 lol.. I know the S4 is more raw in terms of overall sports car feeling but the R is pretty amazing and really easy to mad. I am working out lease payments on the 2 and so far the R is looking like the better buy but we'll see
Thanks again guys

Old 10-26-2006, 10:59 PM
2nd Gear

The betta buy until u see the figure u get back when u go upgrade in a couple of years!

The R is a boat and its AWD is no where near as tractible as the S4, whether u talking B5/6/7

Heres that thread everyones on bout:

https://www.audiforums.com/m_303064/tm.htm

Old 10-26-2006, 11:08 PM
3rd Gear

I have owned a Volvo and if I get rid of my Audi, the only car I will go with is Volvo. My check engine light never came on in the Volvo but is on all the time with my A6. That is a problem to me. If you want reliability, go with the Volvo. I have also driven the S60R and it is one great performing machine. They aren't the normal Volvo. They are fast as ***** and not much out there that can take them down when it comes to the smaller 4 door vehicles. I say go with what you like driving more. It's just personal preference. Your going to get negative replies on the Audi forum because it's not an Audi. I really do like the S60R and would have a blast if I owned one. You can get a 2005 for a lot less than a 2005 S4. Good luck.

Quick Reply: S4 Vs S60R... which one?