S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Latest plans - new brakes, sways, suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 11:59 PM
2nd Gear
Default Latest plans - new brakes, sways, suspension?

So Ok - I've settled on stoptech St-40 (4 caliper) 332-32s for the front (will fit in my 17" winter wheels) and just new rotors and pads for the rear (unless anyone has any not too costly suggestions...). Additionaly I decided the H-Sport (Hotchkis) sways plus Autospeed f & r Swaybar links -should do my suspension wonders. I'm hoping I'll have a much more trackable as well as twisty road friendly car. We'll see - getting it done over the next two weeks.

What I'm still contimplating are an actual suspension upgrade. Right now I have H&R springs with stock shocks (had thought the previous owner had upgraded to Bilesteins - but I was mistaken). Not that they are bad - but of course always looking to the future...and I can tell that they are not as tight as they used to be. So...I've started looking into shcoks & coilovers and such - Stasis, H&R, Bilestein, Vogoland...etc...my mechanic says no question Bilestein PSS9s - no other choice! - OK - I can see the benefits - but are they really worth it - for the performance & on car adjustability? I also like the Stasis (Tracksports) and Vogolands - for similar price (?) - and both have good reviews...then again - I've already got H&R springs - which should be OK - so I'm thinking maybe just replace the shocks - maybe with some bilesteins and keep the H&Rs - save some money. Again - Its an everyday steet car - but I like to go fast - want the performance...but how much suspension do I need/can i take - don't know...so again any suggestions or advice appreciated...

Old 06-02-2006, 09:08 PM
Default RE: Latest plans - new brakes, sways, suspension?

Like you say, buy some Bilsteins over your H&R springs. Im sure you'll like the ride
+ you will have some XXXtra $$$ for other stuff.

Good Luck !

Old 06-03-2006, 07:58 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Latest plans - new brakes, sways, suspension?

Yeah chebert - my thinking at the moment - though the on the flay adjustability of the Pss9s is apealing. Either way I'm going to hold off for a while - my current set up isn't so bad - though I still do rub/hit too much on my right front...thanks for the input!