S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

TOTALED!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 10:38 PM
1st Gear
Default TOTALED!

Well guys here it is. The reason I haven't been on in a week and a half. On Feb 4th, I was on my way to a ski hill about an hour away from my house. My sister was with me because she races and I'm the assistant coach of the high school team. It had rained earlier that day, and frozen by the time we were driving so needless to say conditions were iffy. Coming around a corner after an hour drive and OUR DESTINATION IN SIGHT a shuttle traveling the opposite direction on this tiny little road crossed the center line and hit me head son. He admitted to going 40 mph on the road, I was going 25 the speed limit so insurance will definitely help me out of this one. I almost cried at the sight of my s4, the front end smashed in to the wheel well, the rims were all mangled and bent. He hit me so hard the trunk popped and my sub fell out the back. I somehow ended up breaking my ankle in 4 places, so now I have a metal plate and seven screws down there. My sister just scraped her face and of course the shuttle driver was fine. I had surgery on the ankle last Wednesday, and have been stuck on the couch ever since. This has officially been the WORST experience of my life.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:56 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: TOTALED!

Wow...so sorry to hear that!

I can't even imagine...

Fact of the matter is, at least you and your sister are alright...and the S4 can be replaced...but that is totally annoying that it wasn't your fault and there was nothing you could do.

God bless...best of luck on the ankle recovery and whatever you decide to do car-wise.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:10 AM
1st Gear

Fortunately no one was seriously hurt. Hope you recover well. Ankle injuries are not nice, especially how you described yours.

Best of luck...

Old 02-13-2008, 08:24 AM
2nd Gear

Wow, it is fortunate that no one was seriously hurt. Thank goodness. UNfortunately you were hurt and I hope you have a speedy recovery. Was it your clutch or gas foot?? haha
IM sure the ins company will reward you. so any plans for the next one?? find a stage 3! haha

Old 02-13-2008, 08:40 AM
3rd Gear

this is sad, too many crashed s4. Im glad mine in a summer car, winters are DANGEROUS. Im glad you and your sister are okay (apart from your ankle), the car can be replaced....

Old 02-13-2008, 12:29 PM
2nd Gear

Good luck with everything....glad to hear no major injuries

Old 02-13-2008, 08:01 PM
1st Gear

Thanks everyone for the support. Sweeds it was my gas foot, which ironically got broken because i think it slipped off the brake and got stuck behind the clutch. My mom actually went out to the insurance lot today to gather my crap and to take pictures, so Ill post them as soon as i https://www.audiforums.com/micons/m13.gif[:@]get them from her. It sucks that the only pictures I have of my car are of it smashed

Old 02-13-2008, 08:33 PM
2nd Gear

look not to the past, but the future my friend. only goods things

Old 02-14-2008, 09:44 AM

That is horrible to hear, all that gone wrong....I wish you best of luck with your foot and next car.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:36 PM
2nd Gear

Good no serious injury...

But can you SAY CHA CHING! hahah have fun going stage 3 in your new S4 hahah. Gonna be a good time. Oh and whiel oyur on the couch... get Guitar Hero III haha fun to pass the time.

Quick Reply: TOTALED!