2010 Audi S5 oil pressure switch location

Old 12-06-2016, 11:31 AM
1st Gear
Default 2010 Audi S5 oil pressure switch location

Morning-

Have a 2010 Audi S5, and about a month ago, the oil pressure light started coming on intermittently.

The car still sounds the same, no issues when driving. I noted that the oil was about half a quart low, topped it off, but to date, the level is still the same, no loss of oil.

I've done some searching on some other sites and google of course, and it all pointed at possibly the sensor being the culprit. Well, I went to Audi, purchased the oil pressure switch (079919081), but I am unable to locate it on the car.. ha ha ha....

The diagram I pulled up on the car shows that the switch is in the oil cap, which is untrue, as I pulled the oil cap/filter off the car, and there seems to be no location where the switch should be installed.

So I'm pulling my hair trying to find this part on the car. I even called Audi parts in my hometown, and he indicated that the switch was in the same location as the diagram that I referenced, but again, not finding it there, and figured he told me that just to bring the car in so they can charge me out the wazoo to replace the switch for me.

Can anyone provide any suggestions for me where this part is located in the engine?

thanx!!!

Mike-