Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

HELP with front air ride height sensor issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 09:31 AM
1st Gear
Default HELP with front air ride height sensor issue

Hello, I need some suggestions/ideas before I finally give up and take it to the dealer.

here are the facts:
1)the car throws the suspension problem indicator on the instrument cluster
2)front driver side air suspension decides on it's own to go down to level 1 by itself
3)sometimes (after parking for a few hours), it adjust itself and all four wheels are back to normal height level
4)other times, that front wheel is "slammed" down to level 1 by itself (so it sits cockeyed)
5)here's the fault code:

[blockquote]Address 55 -------------------------------------------------------
Controller: 4Z7 907 357
Component: dynamische LWR D07
Coding: 00030
Shop #: WSC 02325
1 Fault Found:
00776 - Level Control System Sensor: Left Front (G78)
31-10 - Open or Short to Ground - Intermittent
[/blockquote]yesterday, I replaced the front air ride sensor: 4Z7-941-285 LEVELSENSOR (http://www.vagcat.com/epc/cat/au/A6A...47/57/3086297/)

and I still get the same fault code above which leads me to believe that either, the wiring from the front sensor to the control module is bad or the control module is bad.

However, the control module (what I've been told) is the same module as the headlight module, it accepts input from the front left & right air ride sensor and headlight control..if that was bad, I would see more fault codes right?

Again, it's hard to believe bad wiring from the sensor...how would one even begin to trace the wiring to the control module, it bet that's a nightmare to do...I would think.

Any suggestions on resolving this matter?

Thank you for your time.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Default RE: HELP with front air ride height sensor issue

I havnt reinstalled my elsawin yet due to a computer fail ( yes we all have them ) but what it looks like to me is a wiring issue so check the wires going to the sensor for ware ( suspensions goes up and down and a wire catching could ware out causing a short ) which is what the fault code is telling you

Old 06-02-2008, 08:15 PM
1st Gear

I cleared the fault code from that control module (55). I went into the 402 modification procedure just to see if that module see the new sensor or not (does it need calibration?).

I went into the level sensor module and looked at height values..the left front values was very different than the right front (mm).
Hence, the car was crooked with the left front "slammed" down to lowest setting while the other three wheels are at level 2 setting.

That's why I went in and re-calibrated the height values on in the level module (usign VAG com). I made it all "equal" and the car was able to level out and the annoying air suspension icon went away.

However, I rescan all modules just to see if the problem would come back and ran into new problems.
[blockquote][blockquote]Control Module Part Number: 4Z7 907 553E
Component and/or Version: - 2C1A1 D040
Software Coding: 25500
Work Shop Code: WSC 09999
4 Faults Found:
01577 - Turn-Off due to Over-Temp
[blockquote]35-10 - - - Intermittent
[/blockquote]01400 - Suspension Level Control
[blockquote]11-10 - Control Limit Not Reached - Intermittent
[/blockquote]00776 - Level Control System Sensor: Left Front (G78)
[blockquote]57-10 - Electric Circuit Failure - Intermittent
[/blockquote]01771 - Control Module for Headlight Range (J431)
[blockquote]79-10 - Please Check Fault Codes - Intermittent
[/blockquote][/blockquote][/blockquote]The headlight icon now keeps flashing on the instrument cluster instead of the air suspension icon. I guess that's a good thing?
Well, I'm not sure how to proceed.....should I try to diagnose and fix the headlight alignment issue or try to troubleshoot the suspension fault code?

Or just replace the headlight module (since the front ride height sensor feeds into it) ???

Old 07-31-2008, 12:52 PM

Left sensors are connected to headlight ECU #55 and give 2 signals each :
- Analog signal for headlight level
- PWM signal for suspension level, retransmitted by ECU #55 to ECU #34

Right sensors are connected to suspension level ECU #34, and give PWM signal for suspension level.

Error 01577 means air-pump turn-off due to over-heating.
Error 01400 may be due to previous, no compressed air to reach level.
That means too much time working (up-down-up etc many times) or air leakage ... or after wrong calibration, a leg reaches physicaltop butsystem 'thinks' it needs more elevation.

¡¡¡ DO NOT calibrate if there is any fault !!!

I agree with techbod, it appears to be a wiring problem, as your sensor is new. Checking itis easy, but need wiring diagrams.

Regards

Old 07-13-2012, 09:11 AM
1st Gear
Default Anyone found/have access to a wiring diagram for ride height control

Hey guys,

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to know if anyone could help me with the wiring diagram for ride height control. I am still getting "Electric Circuit Failure - Intermittent" for the Front Right level sensor. I found both front sensor connectors broken (probably happend when the previous owner did the K04 conversion). I replaced the connectors last night and the RF sensor is the only remaining fault. There were 3 pins in the connector (1 - Yellow/Green, 5 - Yellow, 6 - Blue/Green). But it looks like there are 4 pins on the sensor, & the other sensors have more than 3 wires. But, there wasn't a broken pin in the RF sensor connector & I don't see a broken wire. The Bentley Manual doesnt show the RF sensor for some reason. I just wanted to get a diagram if possible before I start looking for broken wires. Also it would help in checking continuity if I could determine splice or connector that the RF sensor runs to.

Thanks,

Dan