Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bad parts from Blauparts.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 11:02 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by bob martin
But, my 23 year old Made in Japan Mazda runs like a champ!
Bob
O.T.
It is amazing that a virtually FEUDAL society (before WWII) built the first world's "bullet train" (the first Shinkansen) only 12 years after the war ended...

Old 02-05-2011, 09:46 PM
1st Gear

I got rotors and pads from them a few years ago and had to change them the week after because I couldn't stand the noisy brakes.I'll be staying away from them aswell.ecstuning ad done me right so far

Old 02-06-2011, 12:20 AM
1st Gear

I'll throw my two cents into this topic... Ordered rear rotors and pads from Blauparts and both rotors were warped out of the box only found out after a few mile test drive. Their response - rotors are used now so no refund! Crap customer service, and that is the last of my hard earned money they will ever receive for dangerous Chinese products the pawn off to consumers.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:52 PM
1st Gear

Well this is awesome lol, I literally ordered the timing belt kit from blauparts like a half hour ago, so I hope mine serves me decently....

Old 02-13-2011, 08:09 PM
1st Gear

I gotta throw my 0.02 in here...

I've ordered a ton of stuff from Blauparts. 2 timing belt kits, coolant, 2 front suspension kits, lots of misc. stuff, plugs, wires....you name it. I've had exactly zero problems with them!
The timing belts kits were complete (I even had extra coolant); the tool kit you can rent with it was complete and super-duper useful. Both waterpumps were Miele (German-made), and have better than 40k on both with no problems.

Their customer service is odd. It's very, very good, but odd. I think they have about 2 people working the phones, so getting though to them can take a while, but when you do, I've had a lot of good conversations with them. Stuff I needed in the mail that afternoon was in the mail that afternoon numerous times.

As an earlier poster said, don't blame the retailer. Blauparts just sells the stuff; someone else makes it. If you're worried about where something came from, give them a call and ask. They've pulled stuff off the shelf from me when I was concerned about where it was made. (ie; Bitch at Brembo for Chinese-made rotors with the brembo logo on them).

Blauparts, Shokan Coachworks, APR, ECS......all aren't perfect, but most of the time, they're damned good.

-Red

Old 02-13-2011, 09:06 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by RedShoeRider
I gotta throw my 0.02 in here...

I've ordered a ton of stuff from Blauparts. 2 timing belt kits, coolant, 2 front suspension kits, lots of misc. stuff, plugs, wires....you name it. I've had exactly zero problems with them!
The timing belts kits were complete (I even had extra coolant); the tool kit you can rent with it was complete and super-duper useful. Both waterpumps were Miele (German-made), and have better than 40k on both with no problems.

Their customer service is odd. It's very, very good, but odd. I think they have about 2 people working the phones, so getting though to them can take a while, but when you do, I've had a lot of good conversations with them. Stuff I needed in the mail that afternoon was in the mail that afternoon numerous times.

As an earlier poster said, don't blame the retailer. Blauparts just sells the stuff; someone else makes it. If you're worried about where something came from, give them a call and ask. They've pulled stuff off the shelf from me when I was concerned about where it was made. (ie; Bitch at Brembo for Chinese-made rotors with the brembo logo on them).

Blauparts, Shokan Coachworks, APR, ECS......all aren't perfect, but most of the time, they're damned good.

-Red
That's gives me alittle more confidence in what I ordered!! Thanks for posting your experiences!!

Old 02-14-2011, 01:13 PM
1st Gear

I've purchased front brakes from them, and other than being insanely squeaky, they're fine.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:42 PM
1st Gear
Default freebies

the point of the post was the freebies ,thermostat and serpentine belt were both cheap junk parts. the idler wheel for the timing belt was defective even though it was oem.Im sure they try to have good quality parts but don't use the freebies.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:28 PM
SBG
1st Gear
Default Mostly positive

I used Blauparts a year or so back for a timing belt kit on my 2001 A6 2.7T. So far, no problems The kit itself was very complete and the ability to rent the necessary tools for the job was a big plus. The actual job was quite unpleasant and lengthy.

The quality of the kit was "mostly OK" - the water pump was made in Italy and was apparently an OEM supplier to several large European manufacturers. The anti-freeze was the official Audi stuff and all the tensioners and pullies were of German manufacture. Interestingly, the spring-loaded grenade-style timing belt tensioner looked identical to the Audi part other than having its part number carefully machined off.

The big downfall with the kit, were the belts. If you're going to change a timing belt, you'd better make sure you put a quality part back in its place as this is a truly mission critical part. I don't recall the brand supplied in the kit (no one I have ever heard of), but I just didn't like the look of it, or the serpentine belt. So I went to Audi and bought the genuine items at inflated prices, together with a thermostat because I didn't like the look of that either. Had I planned better, I would have used either Continental, Gates or some other main stream brand you can buy online.

So, would I use them again? Yes, most likely - and I'll have the chance to do so soon: annoyingly, the valve covers are now leaking, so most of the original work will have to be redone. Just check on who the manufacturers are for the parts you buy and the country of origin. If it's no one you have heard of, use someone else.

Last edited by SBG; 02-15-2011 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Forgot something...
Old 02-18-2011, 12:13 AM
1st Gear

Not a lot of posts from me in the past on this forum, but I've been ordering from Blau for 10 years or so. I've had more Audi's than I can count on fingers and toes and I've never been wronged by Blau. I maintain my 2 or 3 cars (the usual stable), my mom's and sisters audi's. Blau's parts are always quality and if I choose to have it shipped, it's out their doors the same day and to me the next. They are almost always the lowest priced parts source around.

The 2 or three times I've had the wrong part shipped to me, they've always taken care of it and gotten me the correct part quickly and with an apology.

The closest I can come to complaining, is my last trans kit I bought from them for my A8 was was 2 qt's short on fluid (they shipped 5 and I needed 6.5). Other than that, I usually end up throwing out "extra" parts from their "kits". Even the trans kit that was short on fluid had extra pan bolts that I didn't need or use.

Overall, a very solid company that will do what's needed to create a happy customer. They are my "go to" audi parts store.

Paul

Quick Reply: bad parts from Blauparts.com