Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Audi. Questions about Instrument Panel Warning Symbols: no owners manual..

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 08:21 PM
2nd Gear
Default New to Audi. Questions about Instrument Panel Warning Symbols: no owners manual..

well today i noticed a "beeping" every 30 seconds or so maybe... and a yellow icon displaying in my instrument panel warning system..

I have a 99 A4 and the display is starting to "line out" so i cant clearly make out what they say or what the symbols are exactly.

Is there anywhere online that i can find what the symbols mean? so that i can look and compare?

The car did not come with an owners manual so i cant look in there..

IF anyone can help me out by providing a website or pics of there owners manual with the instrument panel warning symbols and there explanation.. that would be MOST helpful

thanks again

-kris

Old 03-10-2006, 08:34 PM
Administrator
Default RE: New to Audi. Questions about Instrument Panel Warning Symbols: no owners manual..

which one is it

Old 03-10-2006, 08:46 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: New to Audi. Questions about Instrument Panel Warning Symbols: no owners manual..

dude you freaking rock! thanks so much!

1. most definitely is the speed warning light.. it says 1mpg and then the little symbol.. i think i read how to fix this
2. the other im not entirely sure of.. i THINK its my headlight taillight malfunction symbol... both of which worked last night when i was driving.. ill have to run out and check

man thanks so much for the quick response...

Old 03-10-2006, 08:50 PM
Administrator

what year is ur car

Old 03-10-2006, 09:01 PM
2nd Gear

the car is a 99 1.8t quattro

ok just went out and gave it a run.. i changed the mps speed sensor..

the other warnings are definitely the headlight/tail light symbol and then it also popped up brake light..

but all my headlights, tail lights , and brake lights work properly... they all light up atleast..

so is there anyway to turn the beeping off or reset the computer since its throwing "faulty" readings?

thanks in advance

Old 03-10-2006, 09:34 PM
2nd Gear

on second thought..

my tail lights / brake lights only light up the very bottom light panel below the clear reverse lights..

is it supposed to be lighting up anything other than those? it seems that it would be a waste if nothing else lit up?

are the bulbs above the reverse lights blown?

Old 03-10-2006, 09:41 PM
Administrator

the others light up when u have your parkin/low beams on
i have A B6 so i dunno

Old 03-10-2006, 09:47 PM
2nd Gear

this is what im talking about.. the only other lights that work .. is the revers.. and the top panel on the drivers side works when i have my "tail fog lights" on

Old 02-26-2012, 12:11 PM
1st Gear
Default help

can u show me all simbols... audi a4 2.0 2001.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:55 PM
1st Gear
Default symbol on dash

i have a 2004 a8 and the abs light and a triangle with a circle pop up today what does it mean

Quick Reply: New to Audi. Questions about Instrument Panel Warning Symbols: no owners manual..