Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

350Z fast but not fast enough

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 01:01 AM
1st Gear
Default 350Z fast but not fast enough

So im coming home from the first day of school from my third high school in 3 years and im kinda bummed out cuse i have to make friends all over again, when i pull up to a nice lookin 350Z while i was passing him i slowed down next to him and then pulled away kinda fast i look in my rear view and i see he switched lanes and is keeping up, i lead the way through traffic until we come up to the stop sign were i turn into my neighborhood i look at him and see he wants to go so i figure what the hell i can always bust a u turn. we line em up at the stop sign,, about two seconds later i hear his tires chirping as he guns it, i floor it and almost instantlly im about half a car ahead a bit later i was about a cars length ahead after that i just kept on pullin on him, we catch up to other cars and slow down and we pull side by side and all he says is "damn thats a fast car man" lol i complenent his ride and bust a u turn right after that, that thing was quick just not quick enough lol [8D]my day had been kinda $hitty and that just made it a whole lot better. just felt like sharrin cuse my mom problly wouldnt find it asfunas i did lol

Old 08-22-2007, 10:46 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: 350Z fast but not fast enough

Lol, in highschool with an s4?

Nice kill, those 350's are a little over rated. There is always heated debates about those and the older model m3's on the bimmer forums.. Glad you were able to put another Z owner in his place.

Old 08-23-2007, 02:25 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: ImportFanatic

Nice kill, those 350's are a little over rated. There is always heated debates about those and the older model m3's on the bimmer forums.. Glad you were able to put another Z owner in his place.

I can imagine. I raced a few when I had my Z, and honestly never had a problem w/ them. But there are some $h!tty driver's out there.....[8D]

Old 08-23-2007, 02:27 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: S4RiddeR

So im coming home from the first day of school from my third high school in 3 years and im kinda bummed out cuse i have to make friends all over again, when i pull up to a nice lookin 350Z while i was passing him i slowed down next to him and then pulled away kinda fast i look in my rear view and i see he switched lanes and is keeping up, i lead the way through traffic until we come up to the stop sign were i turn into my neighborhood i look at him and see he wants to go so i figure what the hell i can always bust a u turn. we line em up at the stop sign,, about two seconds later i hear his tires chirping as he guns it, i floor it and almost instantlly im about half a car ahead a bit later i was about a cars length ahead after that i just kept on pullin on him, we catch up to other cars and slow down and we pull side by side and all he says is "damn thats a fast car man" lol i complenent his ride and bust a u turn right after that, that thing was quick just not quick enough lol [8D]my day had been kinda $hitty and that just made it a whole lot better. just felt like sharrin cuse my mom problly wouldnt find it asfunas i did lol

Seems like it should have been a closer race, but oh well.Nice kill.....

Old 08-23-2007, 05:47 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: scg87

I can imagine. I raced a few when I had my Z, and honestly never had a problem w/ them. But there are some $h!tty driver's out there.....[8D]
Yeah and that's the thing, on the bimmer forums they say the same thing. Even the stock 90ish m3's..how they never lost to a Z..

It's quite irritating as it's always the pre 2000 m3 guys who are d*cks about 350's, G35's , is300's and EVO's.

Old 08-25-2007, 01:45 PM
SoCal Crew Member

I just raced a 350z as well, had a nice looking body kit, dark tint, nice black, a few stickers, had exhaust and sounded like intake too, we started going for an onramp lane and he was ahead when he got on it, i got on it and passed him pretty easily, was pretty funny, i dont think he took it as well as your guy though

Old 08-25-2007, 03:23 PM
2nd Gear

Yeah and that's the thing, on the bimmer forums they say the same thing. Even the stock 90ish m3's..how they never lost to a Z..

It's quite irritating as it's always the pre 2000 m3 guys who are d*cks about 350's, G35's , is300's and EVO's.

That's funny. There was a kid around here that had a stock '93 Coupe 5-speed. The day he got that car, he was talking smack about how he'd trash my Z. We went out on the highway for a few runs, and only got one in where he didn't miss a gear, lol. From a 40-120 roll, I put abus-length and some change on the guy. He said it was because I had 1/4 tank of gas vs his 3/4 tank. Go figure........I say his flux-capacitor didn't kick in, lol.[8D]

Old 08-26-2007, 02:49 PM
SoCal Crew Member

That's funny. There was a kid around here that had a stock '93 Coupe 5-speed. The day he got that car, he was talking smack about how he'd trash my Z. We went out on the highway for a few runs, and only got one in where he didn't miss a gear, lol. From a 40-120 roll, I put abus-length and some change on the guy. He said it was because I had 1/4 tank of gas vs his 3/4 tank. Go figure........I say his flux-capacitor didn't kick in, lol.[8D]
Hahahaha ****** **** talker with an m3, that 70lbs of gas really would do a lot wouldnt it

Old 08-27-2007, 11:03 PM
1st Gear

those thing can be fast but they need to have a good driver and so far ive only seen one with a good driver, they should be able to keep up but the guy i went at, well lets just say he kept up but he got the jump and still ended up in my rearview oh well

Old 08-29-2007, 02:20 AM

That reminds me, a couple days ago I raced a newer 350z. Long story short - thrashed the guy to the next red light, when the light turned green he rolled his window down, honks, and flips me off....then turns right and drives off.....lame!

Quick Reply: 350Z fast but not fast enough