Archive - Vehicles for Sale Post your vehicles for sale.

1987.5 Coupe GT Special build Rally/AutoX

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 08:36 PM
Default 1987.5 Coupe GT Special build Rally/AutoX

Up for sale is my 1987.5 Special Build Edition Audi coupe GT. The special build was made mid-way through 87 and only 804 were produced. The SB came with a 2.3 liter 5 cylinder NG motor that produced 130 hp over the regular 110. It also came with 4 wheel disk brakes unlike the front disk and rear drums of the ordinary model. The motor has a shrick 272 racing cam installed which puts it up to about 145 hp. The car weighs an estimated 2390 lbs with the stock weight being 2500. This is the second rarest color with Black being the most rare. The car is about 95% done as a project. It runs and is street legal with PA inspection good through JAN 09. All that needs to be done is have the roll cage finished. The roll cage has been tacked into place so all the welds need to be finished and 3 of the rear bars need to be put in. All tubing needed to finish is included and no bends need to be made. The car has MOMO Course 1000 seats that when new were worth about 800 each. It has a new digital gauge cluster which is also rare. It comes with 3 sets of wheels: 15" white speedlines currently on the car. The stock ronals and a set of plain black steel wheels. As far as suspension that car has Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks, front and rear sway bars, and a front strut brace. As for brakes it has upgraded slotted rotors and Hawk HPS carbon ceramic pads. the exhaust is custom made by the previous owner it has a cat, one small resonator, and a rear muffler. The car is loud from the outside but surprisingly quiet on the inside. The decals on the car are original Audi HB rally team stickers from the days of group B. It has 232,XXX miles on it and still runs strong. I have seen these cars get into the 300 and 400 thousands with no problems. The car pulls harder than any coupe i've driven and handles like a dream in the twisties. Very little work will need to be done to have this car tearing up the autocross circuit or back country road.

The Bad: The only problem this car has is it has a cold start problem. This is due to a broken wire going to the coolant temp sensor. All you need to fix it is the wiring diagram and a new wire. The car will start with the help of starting fluid and will idle rough for about a minute and then drive healthy and free. The fix would take just a piece of wire and about an hour of work.

Newly Replaced Parts/maintenance:
-New Auxiliary Radiator
- Coolant system flushed
-New Thermostat
-New coolant temp sensor
-New coolant temp sensor Plug
-New front Brake Pads
-Oil changed 25 miles ago
-New oil filter
- Cleaned cold start valve
-New K&N drop in filter

Please PM me for more info or email for pics or more info

I have it up on ebay right now link is in the signature.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:55 AM
Default RE: 1987.5 Coupe GT Special build Rally/AutoX

BUMP LINK IS IN SIGNATURE