1994 V8 Q not starting..

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 09:43 PM
Default 1994 V8 Q not starting..

Hey, Ive been trying to solve this issue on my own, but havent gotten anywhere and could really use some help with this thing.

The car has had some electrical issues for about the past year and a half, something drains the battery overtime if it isnt driven every day. I origionally thought it was the xm radio that was installed by the previous owner but now im not sure what it is. But the major issue im having with it, is after i put it away for the winter time, it just wont start.

After some investigating, the car does not seem to be getting any fuel or spark. Ive checked all the fuses and relays and nothing is out of the ordinary there. The fuel pump does work, it was replaced about a year ago. I suspect that its either The Crankshaft position sensor or the ECM might be at fault. But i do not know much about these peticular cars. I tried searching but did not find anything relevent to this case.

I did some more searching and found more info out about the vag-com scan software stuff. Looks like the nearest member to me with one is Battle Creek MI, Which is way to far away for me to get this thing scanned.

If this is the Crankshaft position sensor, Where would it be located and is there a way i can test it?

Thanks for the help
~Ferox

Old 04-28-2008, 10:03 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: 1994 V8 Q not starting..

In all fairness, one must bear in mind that the car was 14 years old at the time of the original writeup. All cars have failures. Audi V8's, due to their complexity and extreme rarity, Audi V8 Quattro parts are very expensive to repair.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:52 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: 1994 V8 Q not starting..

Ok, so I have been aroud VW's and Bosche Products for many years and I would suggest looking at the alternator for the power drainage (Make sure the brushes are not shorting out and that they are making proper contact). Now for the other problem...you are getting no spark or any thing huh?? first look at the battery and all of the wires that hook into it...Make sure that all of them are clean and are making good contact. check these things first, then go to the engine compartment make sure all of the relays are functioning, (Note the battery must be fully charged before doing this.) Make sure all connectors are clean(I have had to get some of the electrical grease to put on the connections) do this andsee where we are at with it...