AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   All Other Audi Models (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/all-other-audi-models-11/)
-   -   audi 80 '94 2.6 ... warning brake light problem (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/all-other-audi-models-11/audi-80-94-2-6-warning-brake-light-problem-56017/)

trippin13 03-01-2007 10:24 PM

audi 80 '94 2.6 ... warning brake light problem

Hi

I have audio 80 1994 2.6 ... the problem is the brake warrning light
keeps flashing and I can't get rid of it ... I got the mechanic to check the fluid,
clean fluid sensor, he checked the pads and wheels said all looks fine ...
the light stoped flashing .... after 1 hour the light started flashing again ...
Mechanic couldn't find anything "seriosly" wrong with the car or the brakes.

what else is conencted to this warning light or is it an issue with the dodgy sensor
on this model? Any ideas at all ? Unless it's connection problem or dirty sensors
on the wheels but no idea where they are and how to clean them ...

please any ideas at all ??

(other issue I have is that when car moving slowly and I just touch the brake
close to a stop I get loud squeeking noise... as I said mechanic checked the brakes
and pads . all seem fine and they do work fine... someone told me it could be the brake
master cylinder but there is no oil leak or any other symptoms that this component is
gone...)

thanks

InExile 03-05-2007 01:04 AM

RE: audi 80 '94 2.6 ... warning brake light problem

which of the brake warnig lights is going off .... the brake hydraullic pressure swithc might be acting up

trippin13 03-05-2007 07:40 AM

well tha main light on the dashboard the one that looks like this ( ! )

the brakes work well they are a bit tuff , but so far mechanics thought it's normal ...

how does pressure switch problem manifest ?

InExile 03-06-2007 12:03 AM

well it does set the light off cause it's not mesureing the presure right and if you say that the brakes are a little tuff than you might have a low hydraulic pressure problem

GeilKyle2 03-17-2007 01:28 PM

does the 80 use the same hydrualic pressure accumulator that the 90 series did?

InExile 03-18-2007 12:53 AM

most likely

trippin13 03-27-2007 12:18 AM

ok then I had a problem with power steering ... i checked the steering fluid ... empty ...
added some and guess what ... the "brake warning light" stopped flashing ... it wasn't realated to the brakes it was power steering ... looks like that (!) light is connected to many sensors and is more of a general warning light ...

but the brakes are still squeeking and cranking when I slowly release the pedal when at stop and just starting to move (if pedal release done smooth and slowly)... (the type of squeeking noise is similar to when theshock absorbers are stuffed and you shake the car and they make that metal squeek sound) ... hard to describe ..

InExile 03-30-2007 02:23 AM

the power steering pump ceates the presure for the brakes to work ... our cars dont have a big round can of vacum making behind the master cylinder.... make sure the caliper slides very good and smooth also good idea is to aplly those stop brake squeel compounds to the back of the brake pad