Audi 90

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 05:21 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi 90

I just registered and posted in the newbie section and they said to post my issue in here. I recently bought a 1990 Audi 90 and am looking for any insight or direction with the electrical problems my car has. when I shut the car off and take out the key...the fan turns on full speed until the battery dies. I pulled out the "Fan full speed" fuse but this is only a temporary fix. My Oil temp. and engine temp. gauges have only come up off of frozen solid once and that was when I took the fuse out and let the car idle in a garage for 30 minutes to see if they even worked. Even then the oil temp. gauge didn't budge. When I turn the driver door lock from the outside it honks the alarm, but doesn't lock anything. I always have to use the passenger door lock. I know this is long and this isn't really even all of it, but I will greatly appreciate any knowledge helping remedy these issues. Thanks a million

Old 10-29-2005, 07:20 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Audi 90

when I shut the car off and take out the key...the fan turns on full speed until the battery dies.
Sounds like the after run relay has fused contacts or the circuitry has gone south. Take a look at the fuse/relay panel(s) to see if you have a relay 443 955 532C anywhere. Pulling this relay should stop the fan from running.

Old 10-29-2005, 09:55 PM

wow, you have more that me problems.

Old 11-16-2005, 03:45 AM
1st Gear

Hi there,

don.t know if its of help but my 1990 audi 90 did simular strange things and i finnally found out that the circuit board behind the dash cracks with time and this will cause problems. had an auto electritian (spelling?) fix the circuit board and all is well now.
its a place to start.

Old 11-18-2005, 02:13 AM
1st Gear

I'll skip your real problems to go to your key problems.

Does your key work in the trunk and glove box locks? Can you lock the trunk manually, or is the key stubborn?

If it is, I think you have the Valet key, as I do. Works the door lock and the ignition. Trunk must be locked with the key for the auto lock to work when the door lock is turned. Master key will lock/unlock it, Valet key will not.

Cheers,

George